ThinkPad X1 Tablet 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yeah, I saw someone on the Lenovo.com forums comment on that as well. It's a sad day!

upload_2020-1-7_11-49-57.png
    (original product link)

fwiw, you can still get the occasional X1T3 with 1 year warranty from the outlet store. Currently there's an i7 16GB/256GB WinPro refurb model available for $905. Better hurry! :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I guess the fold is intended to replace this. Right? BTW, there's one for sale in the outlet for $776.39, a great price for the X1 Tablet.

JoeS and dstrauss like this.
  3. JoeS

Must..not..buy... This is likely the same unit as the one I posted. They just keep dropping the price if it doesn't sell.

Under $800 for i7/16GB/256GB is a crazy good deal. Just be forewarned that the ordering process is an absolute mess, at least it was for me. Several phone calls, emails, unexpected cancellations, delays, wrong info, chats. A full on disaster. So good luck! :D

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

FYI - also remember that the X1 Tablet was plagued with reports of deteriorating coating on the screen, so invest in a screen protector first thing.

JoeS likes this.
  5. JoeS

You know, I did, but ultimately decided to spring for the extended warranty and use it without protector. The added glare was just too much for me.