ThinkPad X1 Tablet 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

1. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

So basically the Pen Pro thing is a false advertisement here. Shame on them...

2. sitoudien

sitoudien Pen Pal - Newbie

In Canada the pro pen comes with all 3 models when ordering online. YouTube reviews have not been kind, bit written reviews have been very good. Even editors choice. I really want a 13 inch or bigger tablet. Must be 3:2 screen. So far it's x1, switch 7, or the HP elite x2. Any other?

3. Luis Pedro Garcia Pintos

Luis Pedro Garcia Pintos Pen Pal - Newbie

Have many people been having this problem? I saw a similar post on a Lenovo forum, with a few people mentioning this, even with their replacements.

4. B'midbar

B'midbar Pen Pal - Newbie

5. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

Yikes that's a bit scary... Screen protector going on Day 1 for me.

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yeah good call. I had never even heard of this issue because the X1 Tablet threads don’t show up in the ThinkPad X Series forum section. Pretty bad that this was reported 11 months ago, and that there apparently still is no permanent fix on Lenovo’s side. Anyway, hopefully with a sceen protector this is still going to be the dream machine that it seems to be on paper.

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Sooo... now that the X1 Yoga 4th gen has been announced, does anyone know whether a 4th gen X1 tablet is forthcoming? Maybe @ibmthink has the latest scoop?

And @cbutters, how do you like the 3rd gen in daily use? Battery life good, performance good?

8. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry, all out of scoop right now. Haven't heard anything regarding a X1 Tablet successor.

Speculation: Lenovo might discontinue this line in favor of the folding ThinkPad X1. Because that would cover a very similar target market.

southdunes and JoeS like this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Well, I been encouraged (admonished) to try the X1 Tablet, and an order is now in process thanks to this week's cyber-sale. $1734 with i7/16gb/1tb AND LTE. Why so close to the fall reveals? (1) I'm convinced Samsung is not bringing back the Intel Galaxy Book; (2) all the rumors say USB-C but NO TB3 for the Surface Pro; (3) unlocked LTE is still very hard to get in Windows laptop/tablet devices (although the 8cx ARM versions will all have LTE); and (4) the price was reasonable considering the sale week.

I've now been through almost everything in the MS, HP, and Dell lines, so why not torment Lenovo for a while? o_O:rolleyes:

10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

I loved my x61 Tablets, I hope for a great experience with your x1 ! Can't wait to hear your analysis.

JoeS likes this.