ThinkPad X1 Tablet 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

That is tempting, what is the battery life on the 1st and 2nd gen?

2. atragon

atragon Pen Pal - Newbie

Lisa from MobileTechReview posted a video review yesterday:

JoeS likes this.
  3. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Guys, it took around 35 days for me to receive the new replacement of my X1T gen3. So far so good.
    One question though. Does the pen or Thinkpad active pen 2 support Tilt on this device? I am no artist and I actually will not use it anywhere, but my testing does not show this function in the Windows Ink Sketchpad.

PS. I am lucky to receive an entirely new retail unit so I now have an extra of every accessory!

alextrela182 likes this.
  4. lonaysta

Update: I'm overall pretty happy with this replacement (though brand new). Currently the system is running as smooth as my 5820K desktop in terms of daily browsing/productivity tasks, and the gaming performance is decent when used with 1440p external monitors (guessing 3000x2000 native is still a bit too stressful) for League of Legends.

Does anyone has any answer to the tilt question above?

alextrela182 likes this.
  5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

My understanding is that the pen on the new 2018 X1 tablet and yoga has tilt. Only these two devices have it so far, based on what I read. Even the 730 doesn't have the new tech. So, yes, it should have tilt, for what its worth.

6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

southdunes likes this.
  7. lonaysta

I tried with two different Lenovo pens but none has tilt work for either Windows Ink Sketchpad or Photoshop Elements 2018...
    So that's why I am doubting if the tilt support even exists here.

8. JRiggs

JRiggs Pen Pal - Newbie

So after 50days my x1 tablet screen looks like a 3 year old has played with it for years.....
    I can't explain it but anything that contacts the screen appears to mark it. Even the keyboard outline has smudged on the screen.
    I am hoping I got a defective screen, sent it back and have been waiting longer for a replacement vs time with the tablet.

I love the tablet though, they keyboard the thunderbolt solts, processor kicks butt. I have owned every surface model and they all felt like tablets (dual core i5) but this new gen 8 quad core is awesome.

Has anyone else had screen problems?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JoeS likes this.
  9. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

No tilt. Only with the Pen Pro which hasn't been released yet. I sent my X1 back due to the pen and poor front camera. I also found the keyboard to be worse than the 1st or 2nd Gen X1 Tablet. I went back to my I7 Surface Pro, LTE Surface Pro and Surface Go. Just find it to be a more consistent ecosystem for my needs. And they all connect to my Surface dock when I need a monitor.

10. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Interesting to hear it comes with the pro pen. My presumption is tilt will only work with the new 2018 Thinkpads (tablet and x1 yoga) when it comes out. I’ll be curious to see how well it’s implemented.