ThinkPad X1 Tablet 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

1. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

This is the tough one. With the sale price on the X1T in the 1500 range vs X1Y at almost 2200, that's a bigger decision. At a the price equivelancy I think the X1Y wins every time unless there is a specific need for detachability or 3:2. But at the sale price on the X1T it tips the scale a bit.

JoeS likes this.
  2. koz2050

Can't comment on light bleed (don't have it) but I believe PSRef said 400 nits.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. FlexiPack

FlexiPack Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you. What's PSref?

5. koz2050

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Or a Yoga convertbile. And with a proper 12.5" display, not the underwhelming 13.3" they use in L380Y & X380Y. One can dream...

7. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Here is an update on my unit. Today in the morning before I left home, I saw that there is a restart pending due to update (already running 1803). Then I clicked update and restart. Soon I noticed that the X1T stuck at "restarting" with the circle progress animation stopped, and top 3/4 of screen normal but bottom 1/4 black. I left it there with lid (keyboard cover) closed hoping it can recover itself somehow.
    After a whole day work I came home. I looked at it and the top 3/4 is flickering with darkened edge. Forced shutdown then restarted, and found the top 3/4 of screen heavily flickering. Bottom 1/4 normal.
    Wanted to see if it is caused by hardware faulty or software, so I restarted into BIOS. Top 3/4 still flickering, so it is almost certain a hardware failure.
    Seems I have to contact Lenovo for warranty service. Just out of return window, but I highly doubt if they have any "refurb" unit yet. Still pretty terrible experience there. I am not sure whether to blame Windows 10 or Lenovo for this, though.

8. xrender

xrender Pen Pal - Newbie

This sounds interesting. I've got my unit several days ago and everything works well. Have you updated all the firmware and drivers?

9. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah of course. And it is hardware issue since the flicker did not go away in system BIOS...
    Recorded a slow-mo video to demonstrate. Very easy to see.

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That would drive me nuts.

Starlight5 likes this.