ThinkPad X1 Tablet (2016)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 3, 2016.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey, Lenovo, make a X1 mini (8") with a silo for the pen, and I will buy 2 to replace my 2 AVN8

Bronsky and Steve B like this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

As an aside, I wish Lenovo would work on reducing light leakage from the keyboard. Microsoft does backlit keys so much better! Case in point:

upload_2016-1-10_16-3-33.png

3. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

Thats true. I will send Jerry Paradise a notice about this slight annoyance next time I send him collected customer feedback from the forums^^

soh5, Kumabjorn and JoeS like this.
  4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

That's the best idea yet. It would probably be too thin for a silo, but you could have a clip on module if need be- it could have a pen silo for a super-capacitor, as well as extra battery. I'd by that.

5. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

Problem with the mini idea is, there is this deception flying around that Windows 10 is not very good on small tablets (which is at least a little bit true). I think thats one of the reasons why Lenovo has not released a new ThinkPad 8 thus far. My guess is: Before something like this is possible, the X1 Tablet has to proof its a success, and Microsoft has to do some work on Windows 10.

But I don´t know for sure of course. I am not a Lenovo employee, this is just me thinking out loud. :vbsmile: On IFA 2015 the Lenovo people were relatively reserved with their answers about the request for a new Windows 8" device.

alextrela182 likes this.
  6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The problem is that 8" devices has run their race to the bottom. People are simply not willing to pay anything for them so all that is left is Chinese sweatshops. Lenovo is simply too big and bureaucratic to take on a task lie a low volume, low profit device like that.

7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

There is always hope for Samsung to make a Windows variant of the Note 8. Or for Dell to pressure Lenovo a little to make an 8in device with Wacom AES.

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Hope is born were realism goes to die.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

9. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Please, Lenovo, understand that I want a 8 inch because of portability, but I want inside and around the same as a 10" or 12". I am even ready to pay it the same price of a 10" or 12", because I will use it as a 21" when at the office, and in 1 second (and I am ready to pay to make it easy) as a 8" outside of the office. And if you want to innovate, be more clever, make it also a phone like the Samsung Note 8.

10. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Can't we reduce the brightness level on Thinkpad keyboard or Lenovo doesn't offer that kind of choice?

After 2.5 years with surface tablet(Pro 2/3/4 and Surface 3) I'm for the first time willing to pull the trigger with Thinkpad Device in high end category(never before had any kind such premium device from Lenovo) as I already own Thinkpad 8 as media player device on my tv and I'm pleased overall 2 years I'm having it.

Sent from my iPad Air 2