ThinkPad X1 Tablet (2016)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 3, 2016.

1. zgp

zgp Pen Pal - Newbie

What SSD you had originally and how long does it take to charge?

2. pen user

pen user Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't have the exact model number but it is a Lite-On 256G SATA SSD in M.2 format. Charge is fairly fast - I think from 0 - 80% is about 1/2 hour or so, but will take about 2 hours to fully charge (including the attached productivity module).

3. pen user

pen user Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody have tried the presenter module? What do you think of the projector compared to similar prized pico projectors?

4. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I ranted about the projector before. I really like the idea but Lenovo botched it. It has mediocre specs and is ridiculously overpriced.
    I have no personal experience with it, but here it goes:
    First, it has only a resolution of 854x480 which is standard for this kind of pico projector. But depending on what you want to do with it, it may be not so useful.
    Second, and that is the disappointing part, it has only a very dim brightness of just 28-32 lumen, which is at the low end even for pico projector standards.
    Third, it is really expensive, unless you can get it somewhere for significantly less than the regular price. For roughly the same price as this module you can even buy a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, which is a complete Android tablet with an included projector which at 50 lumen is even almost twice as bright as the X1T module. I don't understand why they put a worse projector in the X1T presenter module.

If I had the X1 Tablet, I would maybe buy the projector module if I were to find it for 100-150 bucks. But for more money there are lot of better options.

5. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yao likes this.
  7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Starlight5, Yao and Bronsky like this.
  8. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

i have to admit, im very much looking at the X1 tablet now that is around th $500 or less range.

the kickstand is amazing. you can position the tablet in many different positions to suit your needs.

the overall weight is very low for carrying it around with you like a notebook / pen replacement.

9. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That is kind of tempting. What is the battery life on this again? What this the model with the average viewing angles and contrast?

Bronsky likes this.
  10. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

good looking out for us :)

I just got bought Toshiba z20t recently. i will see how it is in tablet only mode.

I'm also testing a Yoga 370.

but im so tempted to buy a Thinkpad x1 tablet to test side by side. lol

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Bronsky likes this.