ThinkPad X1 Tablet (2016)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ernesto71

ernesto71 Chi trova un amico trova un tesoro

2. jakeyjohn1

jakeyjohn1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been waiting for that :( seems cool
    Is anyone going to release peripheral usb long range real sense cameras? Or will you have to buy a machine with one built in?

3. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

jakeyjohn1 likes this.
  4. RT545

RT545 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello,

Could you elaborate a little bit about this overnight battery drain you spoke about? Does it happen also when the tablet is completely powered off (not sleeping, not hibernating?) I am asking this because a fully powered off battery drain issue has been reported by the users of the HP elite X2 two months ago, that is still present today (see elite X2's thread here), and so I would like to know what is the situation with the Lenovo X1 tablet, and if the situation you describe here may be something similar.

Thanks in advance to users of the X1 who have time to answer to this.

5. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So Lenovo has finally released the Presenter Module for the X1 Tablet:
    http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/4XH0L55005/460/0A214232CEF04E7196EA05A594BBB087#4XH0L55005

Well, while I loved the idea of add-on modules, I have been rather critical about lenovo's implementation and sadly, the Projector seems to be another nail in the coffin for me.

The problem is the really low brightness of only 28-32 lumen. To be fair, a projector in such a small factor cannot have a high brightness, but 30 lumen is at the low end even for pico projector standards.
    Lenovo's own Yoga Tab 3 Pro has an included projector with a brightness of 50 lumen at basically the same form factor.

connman and ernesto71 like this.
  6. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the info. Exactly the specs I was looking for prior to purchasing the device (which I would have purchased only because of this presenter add-on.

I won't be buying.

7. Leo M

Leo M Pen Pal - Newbie

Notebookcheck reports massive heat issues with the m7 configuration, suggesting that this might be different with the m3 of m5. Has anyone else observed such issues (or their absence), and with which CPU? Many thanks.

hiramkey likes this.
  8. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone use usb type c dock for x1t? I want to get one,i try some macbook12's usb c dock,but cant work.

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

The HP X2 1012 got 'sat on' last night and the kickstand is in pieces. HP Parts wants $369 as a new kickstand only comes in a kit with all the body parts...ridiculous. Anyway, my options are:

1. Buy the repair parts
    2. Buy a used X2 1012 off eBay and use it for a parts machine
    3. Buy something else

So I went to Lenovo to look at the X1 Tablet and it is *gone*... Uh, is this thing just temporarily out of stock or has it been pulled? Last time something came and went this fast it was the Thinkpad 8!

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member