ThinkPad X1 Tablet (2016)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 3, 2016.

1. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

I got no problems using the KB with the productivity dock. Did you remove the small plastic on the productivity dock that allows the KB to be adhered?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

i find the whole system to be one of most finely tuned machines that i have used...not sure if it is a windows 10 thing though (i previously tried the early builds of win 10 and was so not impressed), but this machine feels silky smooth even when i am scrolling through chrome. The other interesting thing is when i move my cursor over an inactive window and scrolls, it automatically comes to the fore. (similar to mac, if memory serves...)

3. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry, no idea and i am not a benchmark person.

4. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

to each his own, but i'll take this lenovo keyboard over the surface kb anytime. If there is anything to nitpick, it'd be that the key travel is not as good as my usual lenovo keyboards - which is a given since it is a thin sheet. That said, I am pretty much used to these shallow kb with the flood of ultrabooks.

5. zgp

zgp Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you say what model of 1TB SSD do you have in tablet and what's the speed?

6. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lenovo has killed the Intel RealSense camera add-on module.

In a new review by german website Golem.de they write that Lenovo has told them that the 3D camera module will not be released.
    http://www.golem.de/news/thinkpad-x...okigste-tablet-auf-dem-markt-1606-121347.html
    Google translate link to english:
    https://translate.google.com/transl...okigste-tablet-auf-dem-markt-1606-121347.html

I would applaud the person at Lenovo who had the initial idea for a modular tablet, and then I would smack the person over the head who executed that idea to its half-hearted effort that it now is...

7. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

My tablet's battery drained quickly overnight. On investigation, I realised that Lenovo set the machine to NEVER hibernate, which is crazy, but just to sleep. After setting the machine to hibernate after an hour of inactivity, the battery lost (without productivity module) is about 4% overnight.

8. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

mine is a samsung.

9. zgp

zgp Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, but I meant the exact model. You can see it in Device Manager.

10. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

This is my fear with Lenovo. They announce stuff, and then they don't release on time or in enough quantities or at all.

This device is really appealing to me provided the projector module is confirmed as released and available. Knowing Lenovo, I had already put these chances at 50-50. With RealSense camera add-on module now cancelled, I am more skeptical that the projector module will be released. But I stand by and hope.