Thinkpad Tablet and OneNote

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by hajensen, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you mean Evernote supports inking on a pdf? Or just viewing a pdf?

Thanks

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Quad core and Windows 8 is the combination I'm waiting for. That is the only hope I see for the 10" fanless form-factor. I think almost all users agree that the Atom is too anemic to power these tablets and Intel has really struggled to make the Atom perform. Releasing the Oak-Trail without its turbo function was a serious dissapointment and setback for the platform. The Tegra 2 is not much better, other than a better graphics solution. It needs more power.

I like the Thinkpad and it is very well reviewed. If it is good now, imagine how good it will be with a Tegra 3. I assume that Lenovo could easily work the new processor into its current model.

3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think the standard version supports PDF(or at least the ability to upload them), while the version the HTC Flyer has(which could be a different version) supports inking; however, I'm not sure if that would work with PDF files ore.

I would love to dual boot Android and W8 on a quad core tablet like this Thinkpad, specially if it was priced at $700 and came with 80-100gb of space. I would really agree with the Atom comments as I had the original HP Mini with 32gb of flash(very slow) space, and it was awful. The Intel gma950 paired with that cpu made for a bad web experience, but did a solid job when it came to reading and word processing. I got caught up in some of the hype and enticed by the low cost, and had to pay for it.

From what I am told the current Atom(not sure if dual or single) in synthetic benchmarks is still a good bit faster than Tegra 2 and other dual core ARM cpu on the market now. Not sure about GPU, though, but you may be right. I am sure that once Tegra 3 comes out, Atom will see some very tough competition, specially in the Tablet market, specially devices like this Thinkpad.

4. GSM

GSM Pen Pal - Newbie

Picked up my Thinkpad Tablet today!

- Fantastic build quality!
    - Viewing angles are great.
    - Colors are very crisp.
    - No stutter in 1080p video.
    - The pen is great to use.
    - Speakers are ok.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

In side by side browsing performance, they're close. Intel Atom vs ARM Cortex-A9 Looking forward to seeing Tegra 3 performance. Hopefulky, W8 beta will run on ARM processors.

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Can't really say that promising as web browsing on my Mini was on a verge of a mess for me, even when using Chrome. On the other hand web browsing on my Droid 2 is perfectly acceptable, even with flash content. So, was the web browsing the Tegra 2 devices I tried out in store, which leads to me to believe the Thinkpad Tablet would be acceptable there also, and has me really tempted to get one, despite all good judgement saying no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.