Thinkpad Tablet and OneNote

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by hajensen, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phinphan

phinphan Pen Pal - Newbie

As for inking, try the Writepad app for $1.00 from the market it works very well and can pretty easily export to evernote. I am thinking of trying out mobilenoter SE for one note integration and will see if I can figure out a workflow to get my handwritten notes placed in the appropriate one note notebook automatically.

2. deboss

deboss DeBoss

Abor, I just got the thinkpad. Do you know how to write on web pages, pics, etc. I thought this was a feature, but I'm not finding ways to make it work. Also, the button on the pen seems worthless. What are you able to get it to do?

3. Abor

Abor Pen Pal - Newbie

You can't annotate much at this point. You can get apps in the android market that will allow you to write on pdfs.

The button on the pen is only useful for rearranging icons.

The lenovo forums are chalk full of good info from other users regarding common issues. I found a good note taking app from there.

Thinkpad Tablet Forums

I like the tablet a lot. Pushed back shipping dates might indicate a stronger demand for the tablet than they initially thought? Or it could be a parts holdup or manufacturing issue. Hopefully it's the former and we'll see some of the more glaring issues everyone is experiencing fixed soon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. deboss

deboss DeBoss

Thank Abor! It's a good forum, but I hope more people participate soon. I love the tablet and the handwriting recognition is pretty good in the notes app.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I thought PDF annotator had an Android version. Is there a reason this can't be loaded on the Thinkpad?

6. hajensen

hajensen Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, maybe my "problem" is solved with W8 out in a developer version, but the question is; can this be installed on my ThinkPad Tablet (android)??

Regars, Henrik

7. MasterKuni

MasterKuni Pen Pal - Newbie

Not for a year, at least. The developer release is for x86 computers only, not supporting the ARM chip in this tablet.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Dissapointing review of the Thinkpad tablet keyboard. Particularly the pointer, which is optical rather than mechanical. Anybody have this and does it get better with use.

9. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is a thought. I use OneNote for work. I keep mostly static information, like journal articles, reference material, etc. I currently have a LE1700 which I love, except for the battery life when taking notes. My Thinkpad tablet is in the mail.What I really need is something which can extend the time I take notes. I am planning on keeping the LE1700 as a repository of information.

I am planning on making a blank pdf file of about 6 pages in length, and with rule lines. Then, I am hoping one of the Android pdf markup programs will be smooth enough that I can take notes on it. The file can then be transferred back to the LE1700 using dropbox and "printed" into OneNote.

Well, that is a lot of effort, until there is a note program which can export a pdf file.

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think Evernote supports PDF, and you can always use that to easily sync files and documents.

I dunno why, but I kind of have this crazy idea to sell my Touchpad that I should be receiving from HP, and getting the Thinkpad Tablet, despite all wisdom says to wait for a quad core tablet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.