Thinkpad Tablet and OneNote

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by hajensen, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think only the HTC Flyer/View version of Evernote supports inking right now, but I am too not sure.

2. Abor

Abor Pen Pal - Newbie

Battery life seems decent but I haven't had an ideal experience. I installed an active wallpaper and realized it was hogging resources and draining the battery. I took it to school today and started using it at 70% around 10:30 AM, it's currently at 23%. A lot of it was the wallpaper so I'll have to check out real usage in upcoming days.

The Thinkpad logo on the back has a red LED on the i dot and it stays lit when the system is in use. It was on all night due to the wallpaper.

Colors look very crisp with brightness on full. It seems auto-brightness will always make the screen dimmer than what you'd like. It also fluctuated when I had it sitting on a desk at school where the light intensity was not changing. Could be another bug or just sensitive to the flickers in fluorescent tube lights (they flicker too quickly for our eyes to notice but is evident when viewed through things like a video camera lens).

Moreover I just discovered my pen is wonky. I thought the battery was dying since it was fine yesterday. But now it will not sense pressure to draw thicker lines in Notes Mobile. I also realized my pen is defective because the active button on it does not bring up any menus if I hover over an icon and press it. I'll have to get the pen RMA'd on Tuesday. :( (See previous post about how I thought the pen wasn't being fully utilized. It's mostly likely because mine is defective.)

Update: I unscrewed the pen and took the battery out. Banged it on the table top down and put the battery back in. Now everything is fine. Dunno what is up. Weird.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The internal connection problem is a known issue with the N-Trig pen. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-slate-500/43833-pen-died-rip.html So far, my new pen doesn't suffer from it. I think the pen is more fragile than it looks. By all means, replace that one.

4. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

No Evernote inking. The Flyer actually uses Scribe technology and just has a module for Evernote, but not actual inking in Evernote. None on the Thinkpad, only notes with very limited functionality. I sent mine back because my Flyer had more capabilities in the inking department.

If Lenovo provides alot of quick updates to provide more integrated inking options this could be a viable option. The Notes program is really gimmicky and unless you purchase the dock to charge it, I would not recommend it. Battery life is about 4-5 hours of inking with WiFi on and 50% screen brightness. Speaker is terrible and o could not get regular SD cards to work. No ADB drivers, so no Outlook contact and calendar syncing unless you use exchange or Gmail. It has potential, but not ready for prime time. I would use my Q550, HTC Flyer or HP Slate before this.

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Well I think some of the issue you noticed with the software could be easily fixed with a request/help from the fine people over XDA or something to get some of the HTC Flyer/View inking software working on the Thinkpad Tablets(specially after the Honeycomb rom leaked out).

6. emersonvier

emersonvier Pen Pal - Newbie

Abor, please where you buy, Model?

Thx

EMERSON VIER

7. Abor

Abor Pen Pal - Newbie

Go to Google shopper and preform a product search for 183825U (32GB Thinkpad Tablet) and it should show you all resellers with available stock.

Lastly to Techgeek, why did you purchase the Thinkpad Tablet knowing it would not have all the options you desire? There was nothing in the preview videos or the tech specs page specifying it would have all the things you listed. I knew before I even ordered that the note taking software is lackluster at this point. Moreover you already have an HP, HTC tablet and you bought a third one?

It's a business machine hence the stereo sucks, use headphones instead. You've had yours for a week while countless others are still awaiting shipment on the 12th and 26th. I can't help but feel like you had unrealistic expectations and felt disappointed and, in turn, trying to push others to turn away from the device as well.

Sure it has shortcomings that will hopefully be addressed before your "predicted" demise next spring. Overall I can't help but compare your post to those that lament the shortcomings of a newly released game that had too much hype. Issues will be resolved and for someone with three tablets, I'm sure you can wait a bit before you draw any definite conclusions about a tablet that, for all intents and purposes, hasn't been officially shipped to most consumers yet.

8. emersonvier

Abor, I make this, but the best price USD550,00.

9. Abor

Abor Pen Pal - Newbie

$550 with pen is still less expensive than $569+$30 + Tax from the Lenovo store.

Moreover I found one in Google product search for $536?

10. emersonvier

Abor, Thanks a lot for your help.

I live on BRAZIL and this week I have the friends on vacantion in ORLANDO I try buy this device.

Please, you like this device?

EMERSON VIER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.