Thinkpad Tablet and OneNote

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by hajensen, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Intel screwed up the Oak Trail somehow. It was designed to self overclock. Intel Announces New Z670 For Tablets - HotHardware But, it has been nerfed by Intel.

I haven't seen anyone successfully over clocking it yet.

Bronsky:cool:

2. MobiusPizza

MobiusPizza Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo X220t is 16:9 not 16:10. More specifically resolution is 1366*768

3. Bronsky

I was talking about the new Thinkpad Android Tablet which has a 16:10 aspect ratio IPS display. It tempts me more every day. I feel the need to lash myself to the mast and put hot wax in my ears so I do not hear the songs of the Sirens and I am not compelled to buy this when it is released next week. I am weakening. I can feel it.

Announced for August 23 at $479. Hmmmmm. If I ebay my slate, and forget about buying a carepack for my slate, The Thinkpad almost pays for itself.

4. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

Again, I'm with you and will watch the ThinkPad closely when released. The Asus transformer might upgrade to the quad-core Tega3 soon, so maybe Lenovo might switch to this procsessor too.

5. Bronsky

I noticed that to. Tegra 3 looks like it might be a decent improvement.

6. Bronsky

Thinkpad Tablet order site is active. Looking forward to reviews. The folio /w keyboard looks really nice.

7. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Scribbler - Standard Member

I will probably purchase one of these from Lenovo's Education store this week to see what it's like. Hopefully one of the many note apps out there for Android will work for my needs. Windows 8 really can't come fast enough.

8. cfdevkev

cfdevkev Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered a ThinkPad plus the works (keyboard folio, docking station, pen of course, and padded case just because) on Tuesday. I needed a good start for integration with enterprise and this is perfect. I, too, am on the Windows 8 wagon; however, this tablet will be great in it's own right.

Tegra 3/4/5/... meh. Early adoption - a blessing and a curse (for my wife!).

I will definitely post some thoughts once it gets here and I can play with it a bit.

9. billydog72

billydog72 Pen Pal - Newbie

Any worries about this device not being Wacom? I have 2 older Tablet PC's (M200 Toshiba and Fujitsu T2020) and writing in One Note is so great....

Any idea if a Wacom powered tablet (Android) is on the horizon?

I would jump onto this Thinkpad if I new the writing experience was clean....I think a matte screen would help a bit?

I "test drove" an HTC Flyer at Best Buy and really didn't like the note taking experience. Felt awkward and too different from writing on paper.

10. Bronsky

So far N-Trig is the only game in town. Q550 owners report decent inking, but I suspect that it's not as good as Wacom pens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.