Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by philox, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Jeremyp

Jeremyp Pen Pal - Newbie

2. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Pen Pal - Newbie

I used a rather ancient powered Sony external DVD burner to install both programs. Worked perfectly. I am sure there are also work-arounds using a usb thumb drive, but I had the old burner, and it was quick and easy to use.

3. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Pen Pal - Newbie

If you are in the UK I see the TPT2 is now in stock at two places I checked out: Dabs.com and PC Business World.

4. TruenoGT

TruenoGT Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to add to the experience pool, I installed Adobe CS4 last night using my external Samsung DVD-RW drive via USB Y cable, one end in the tablet, one end in a wall socket adapter. Less than ideal, but worked great. When attached via just the tablet, the LED on the drive came on, but it would only let out a soft grunt when I attempted to eject the disc tray. :)

5. Windu

Windu Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got an email saying my tablet+keyboard will be delayed at least 30 days. Also got an email about a week ago that my dock was to be delayed at least 30 days. I am going to cancel the tablet+keyboard order tomorrow from Lenovo. I am going to order the tablet from some place else. Amazon looks like it has it, but its from a third party seller.

Amazon.com: ThinkPad Tablet 2 10.1-inch 64 GB Tablet: Computers & Accessories

says the model # is 367923U. Is that the one with the Digitizer and Pen?

6. ats0909

ats0909 Pen Pal - Newbie

I cancelled my order from Lenovo last week. Every day the ship date kept getting pushed back one more day. Tried to order from Newegg, but that didn't work out either. (After 3 days they still hadn't shipped it, even though they said they had it in stock when I placed the order.) Two places that seem to have it right now are pcRUSH.com and Provantage.com.

As best I can tell, the model numbers are:

367923U: no digitizer/pen
    367926U: digitizer/pen, Win8 (not pro)
    367927U: digitizer/pen, Win8 Pro

(anyone else who knows for sure, please correct this if it's wrong)

7. ats0909

ats0909 Pen Pal - Newbie

I cancelled my order from Lenovo last week. Every day the ship date kept getting pushed back one more day. Tried to order from Newegg, but that didn't work out either. (After 3 days they still hadn't shipped it, even though they said they had it in stock when I placed the order.) Two places that seem to have it right now are pcRUSH.com and Provantage.com.

As best I can tell, the model numbers are:

367923U: no digitizer/pen
    367926U: digitizer/pen, Win8 (not pro)
    367927U: digitizer/pen, Win8 Pro

8. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. Windu

Windu Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah I ended up first ordering from newegg this morning and then a few hours later getting a VOID notice saying that they were really out of stock. After that I ordered from Amazon and got the 367927U model. Amazon.com: Lenovo IGF ThinkPad Tablet 2 64GB WIN8 367927U: Computers & Accessories

When I canceled with Lenovo they told me that is was supposed to ship on the 15th (at the start of the month they said the 8th). This was after I had already received a 30 day delay notice from them the night before. (I have also received a 30 day delay notice for my dock earlier in the month as well). At this point, if the customer service person said that it was shipping in an hour I wouldn't believe them. Anyway, I canceled with Lenovo and ended up paying a cheaper price with Amazon with $10 1-3 business day shipping. My Amazon order shipped about an hour after I ordered it today, estimated to arrive between Friday-Wednesday.

Also this Lenovo PDF says 3679-27U has the Pen so I think I am all good. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...HrLPbQ&sig=AHIEtbSL0OXyXVAWAlGslrViJDkQUB51_Q

I still have the keyboard to get which was part of my original Lenovo order but I am willing to wait on that.

10. Resilient

Resilient Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered Tabet With Pin on the 20th, Regular Windows 8.

Just got shipping confirmation last night. Scheduled for delivery on the 15th.

Have any of you had luck getting UPS to hold the package for pickup? I wont be around that afternoon to sign and it looks like signature is required.