Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by philox, Dec 27, 2012.

1. 1sTemplar

1sTemplar Pen Pal - Newbie

Received the tablet and slim case on 12/31/12.

2. odelta

odelta Pen Pal - Newbie

Here are some close ups of the plastic "rails". It's difficult to see in the pics, but they have a slight lip at the ends to hold the tablet in place.

DSCN9493.jpg DSCN9494.jpg

3. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered mine from newegg with next day shipping. Trying to cancel my original order with Lenovo, but it seems it's not possible until tomorrow. Anyone know a way to do this earlier?

4. Jeremyp

Jeremyp Pen Pal - Newbie

hey, how do you know yours has NFC equipped? Is there any options there? Thanks

5. maunakeaone

maunakeaone Pen Pal - Newbie

This is unbelievable, I went to the Newegg site and they show as "In Stock" why would Lenovo delay shipping orders to consumers that have been awaiting their product to be shipped and deliver to NewEgg first....unbelievable....This company knows nothing about customer support/service.

6. Resilient

Resilient Pen Pal - Newbie

Presumably because Newegg is ordering hundreds and you are ordering one. I would rather they keep their big customers happy so they can keep the price low. Also Newegg probably ordered first.

That said, it would be nice if there was a little more planning on Lenovo's part so we could know this before hand.

7. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered on 12/19 as soon as Lenovo posted a link. I would have ordered 10/26 when Win 8 launched if I could've. The only thing I got for ordering "early" was an inflated price! I paid $729 only to have Lenovo drop the price to $699 within days of accepting my order & long before I receive my TPT2. I'm sure Newegg isn't paying anywhere near what Lenovo is charging me either. So as for keeping the price "low" Lenovo can kiss my behind cause they took me for $781.85

So it's ok to shaft the "little guy" cause he isn't placing a mega order and places an order as soon as possible? What comes around, goes around I guess. I have never ordered any product from Lenovo before and never will again. I only decided on this tablet because it was the only one that had all of the features I wanted. So instead of building brand loyalty, they have put a bad taste in my mouth by overcharging me and maintaining almost nonexistent communication about when I could place an order and then after ordering when they would ship my order.

8. 150pilot

Thanks for pics & info. I will be refusing delivery of the slim case based on you experiences. I appreciate the tip about previous cases.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  9. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

I had TPT1 and it came with the same kinda case and I did not have any problem at all.

Edit: does anyone know where has the Slim Case in stock in Canada ?

10. 150pilot

On the other hand I guess I should just try it and see for myself how it fits. Thanks for sharing your experiences.