Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by philox, Dec 27, 2012.

1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Sorry, but I think that neither statement proves it one way or the other. The Admins only know what they are told. And the fact that a standard Wacom Pen doesn't work on those Pen-less models does not mean the digitizer isn't inside. We'll only know for sure once a knowledgeable forum member disassembles a TPT2 and looks for the digitizer inside. Until then, it's all conjecture.

The fact is, a Wacom digitizer plus a Pen cannot cost only $30. Either the Digitizer is present in all models -- but disabled via software/hardware; or Lenovo is overcharging for the Pen-less model!

2. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm prepared to bet that it is the latter...

3. DNAlx

DNAlx Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered mine today from Lenovo and the in the cart it said it would ship 1/21/13, and I just checked the order status page and it says 2/03/13 as a ship date.

However, it seems after reading this thread most people who posted month long ship dates actually received their TPT2 before their estimated date, mainly about two weeks after their order date. I know some people canceled their order, but those who didn't received theirs before the estimated date it looks like. I'm hoping that's the same for me!

4. mdonahuerib

mdonahuerib Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine finally shipped!

Order date: 12/21
    Shipping date (or estimate): initially 12/30, updated to 12/26, then bumped to 12/27, 1/9, 1/15, back to 1/14 and now actual shipping date of 1/10
    Received date: not yet [expected 1/16 as per UPS]
    System type (w/o digitizer and pen, Win 8/ Pro, w/o NFC): Win 8 Pro with pen/digitizer, no NFC
    Initial impressions: N/A

5. SeaNut

SeaNut Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I cancelled my order from Lenovo one week ago and despite assurances to the contrary the cancellation request was not processed and now it has shipped... Should have known!

I ordered one from Newegg the same day a week ago and unfortunately that order is stalled out, evidently being passed from one out-of-stock warehouse to another (according to two customer service reps). I have two open help-desk tickets with Newegg and a promise to refund my shipping costs, but still no tablet, no tracking number and no idea when it will land. I guess Lenovo may come through for me before Newegg.

6. SeaNut

SeaNut Pen Pal - Newbie

I recommend signing up for the new UPS My Choice Membership. It's free and you can initiate changes to your incoming UPS packages. There are some limitations of course, but I just rerouted my tablet to a UPS Store, since I'm out of town and won't be able to take delivery of the package until two days after it arrives. I did it all from the web (did not work w/ Firefox, had to use IE) w/out the hassle of navigating call menus and sitting on hold in call cues forever.

Here's a UPS link with more info https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US

7. DNAlx

DNAlx Pen Pal - Newbie

Order date: 1/11/13
    Shipping date (or estimate): initially 1/28, bumped to 02/03, then on 1/15 back to 1/28. Requested expidited shipment via customer service and they said the supply team said there's a delay in the LCD and "face" of the tablet, mine was slated to ship on 1/17(!). Edit: Canceled order
    Received date: not yet
    System type 367927U digitizer and pen, Win 8/ Pro
    Initial impressions: N/A

Customer service on 1/15 said mine was slated to ship on 1/17, even though order page said 1/28. Talked to them today (1/17) and they said supply team is telling them 02/04 for my tablet. I told them amazon.com had 367927U in stock for shipment today so I'd like to cancel my order. They said wait 2 business days for an update from the supply team. I told them by then a tablet from Amazon would be here if I ordered one and again asked to cancel the order. They asked me to wait 1 business day for a "better" update from the supply team. I canceled the order because I was tiered of the date getting pushed around, especially because it looked like it was going to be a month from order date to arrival. They then said cancellation takes 5 business days and is not guaranteed. Oh well.

Ordered the 367927U (Win Pro w/ pen & digitizer) from Amazon with shipping to get here on 1/22.

8. DNAlx

DNAlx Pen Pal - Newbie

Would you mind posting some pictures of the tablet in the slim case when you get it? There's not many pictures or a review of the case around so it would be helpful!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  9. Ihmotep

Ihmotep Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed this for sale at a few sites. ThinkPad Tablet 367927U.

Does this one have Wacom?

10. DNAlx

DNAlx Pen Pal - Newbie

according to a post in a different thread, yes it does have the pen/digitzer

11. Ihmotep

Ihmotep Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks! I really did not used to be so clueless. I had thought I had checked that thread.

12. DNAlx

DNAlx Pen Pal - Newbie

Canceled my order on 1/17 because it wasn't suppose to ship until 2/04 and they were in stock at amazon. It's due to ship out from Lenovo on 1/24 and my cancellation hasn't gone through, figures.

13. Wang030

Wang030 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am curious to know if anyone received the ThinkPad Tablet 2 Bluetooth Keyboard yet. I ordered mine on December 28, 2012, and it is still marked as "Order Received" with a estimated ship date at February 19, 2013.

14. Edwood

Edwood Scribbler - Standard Member

Ordered my TPT2 from B&H and it shipped. Should have it by Monday.

15. Doggie

Doggie Scribbler - Standard Member

Wang030 i gave on lenovo for keyboard amazon is only place thst i found with them in stock at several of their sellers all with limited quantity

16. twitchmedia

twitchmedia Pen Pal - Newbie

Checking on the ship date for my tablet is now a form of amusement for me in the morning. Here's how the estimated ship date has gone:

Ordered: 12/21/2012
    Estimated Ship Date: 01/07, 01/15/ 01/16, 01/29, 01/28, 01/24, and as of today: 01/25.

Spoke to Lenovo about this after the ship date changed four times - they were adamant that the ship date was not going to move again, and that I should hold off on cancelling the order. I should have cancelled and simply purchased it through newegg, but I have to admit that it does give me good laugh at this point, while I wait it out. ;)