Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by philox, Dec 27, 2012.

1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wouldnt worry much, I have the slim case in hand also and I doubt it will cause any damage. I've used the same kind of cases on my iPads for years, even worse ones like the $10 ones off of eBay, and have yet to see a single mark on the very delicate aluminum of any of my iPads.

2. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

OEMs have cut deals with brick-and-mortar shoppes and online stores for a decade! Sometimes, the stores sell the product through a coupon or rebate program in which the customers pay less. Other times, the stores just price it lower because they buy a truckload of the product. It's been going for a decade! Have you got on the Internet today?

3. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you implying that I should have known that Newegg(anyone) would have this product available for $80 less than the Manufacturer within 2 weeks of the products launch?

Never had this experience with the iPads I've ordered.

4. dpends

dpends Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo does have a price protection program (I think 30 days from shipping). Call them and ask for the current price - they will have you put together a cart with your exact order, send them a screenshot, and then they will refund the difference.

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Exactly.

Apple is a control freak. They will not allow anyone to sell cheaper than they do. Customer loses.

6. maunakeaone

maunakeaone Pen Pal - Newbie

I would not disagree with you except for the fact that my original ship date was 12/29 and like many others every day I check my order, it says in production and pumps up 1 day ahead....I have seen my order go from and expected ship date of 12/29, 12/30, 12/31, 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 and today when I logged in it shows "In Production" with an expected ship date of 1/4, and I anticipate that tomorrow when I wake up it will show as 1/5 like many others on this thread.....the fact that they are shipping and can't provide a more accurate shipping date for folks is making Lenovo look amateurish compared to companies like Apple and others.....If they can ship in bulk to companies like Newegg they should be able to ship according to visibility of demand in their order processing system there is no excuse unless there was a manufacturing delay which doesn't appear to be the case. In addition they advertised for the holidays free expedited shipping as well as no question return policy until Jan 31st and they are now cutting into that time for review to make sure the device suits individuals needs which is problematic.....maybe that is part of their plan.

7. Resilient

Resilient Pen Pal - Newbie

This I totally agree with. They should know what kind of production they are capable of and should have started with a date of the 15th or whatever. My point was simply that I am not surprised that a shop like Newegg would get their tablets before me and that is make business sense. The madness with the shipping date changes is just poor logistics on Lenovos part that they need to get sorted out.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This is becoming the rule, rather than the exception with Lenovo. They're not alone either. Dell and HP seem to be following their lead. The launch of the X1 Carbon was very similar. Newegg generally has their act together and, if they're offering similar prices, you're probably better off with them.

9. rzp2003

rzp2003 Scribbler - Standard Member

also lenovo is custom build (though limited in this case) while newEgg is pre-build.

10. bizhub55

bizhub55 Pen Pal - Newbie

Shipping bumped to 1/22, so cancelled order today, or at least I hope I did as I also cancelled yesterday, but they had no record of it when I called today for verification. Ordered from Newegg and tablet shipped today. It's sad that Lenovo can't fulfill orders from weeks ago but you can order one today and get tomorrow from another vendor at a lower price. Lenovo customer support is difficult to deal with. I was online for over 1/2 hour canceling my order last night, only to find it was never processed. Only seem to get India each time I call, regardless of the time.

11. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I know that Newegg is prebuilt. But, even custom build factory orders should not take much longer to build. When the product lines are working properly and keeping up with demand, Lenovo will usually drop ship your order in days, not weeks or months. If you order an X230 today, it ships next week. New product releases have been incredibly messed-up lately.

12. Jeremyp

Jeremyp Pen Pal - Newbie

Are all tpt2 in US not equipped with the NFC?

13. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine arrived yesterday, ordered on Dec. 19, with an expected shipping date of January 7, so it looks like I got mine well within the promised window.

14. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

How do you like it so far?

15. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Pen Pal - Newbie

I am really liking it. I now have both WordPerfect and MS Office 2010 installed, and it is easy to work with all those files. Do not care about the digitizer, and did not order it.

Processor is enough to do what I want with good battery life, and the tablet is nice and small.

16. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How did you install them? I hear there are issues with the USB port re: installation ?

17. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

I would imagine either from the internet or from a flash drive which works fine on the device. I can confirm my USB Passport HDD did not work when plugged into the USB. I may end up returning it since I can imagine times where I'll need the HDD. We will see...

18. Windu

Windu Pen Pal - Newbie

looks like my CC was charged yesterday. Guess i should expect mine to ship any day now.

19. PLinga

PLinga Pen Pal - Newbie

Have any of the 3G models shipped yet? If so, what was the price paid?

20. Jeremyp

Jeremyp Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think there is a wwan model released yet.