Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by philox, Dec 27, 2012.

1. sbl

sbl Pen Pal - Newbie

My ship date is also just from 1/9 to 1/15. The status becomes in production. I selected to have "Security Features" but the initial spec of the order said "TPT2 NoFPR & NFC, WiFi model". However, from the part number&description it seems my machine might have a fingerprint reader or NFC. Very confusing...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lenovo page having issues, I can't even check my order. If they move it to 1/15 it will be the last straw and ill just order the Dell 10, at least they are more realistic with a jan 25 ship date.

3. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Lenovo's status page says mine is "out for delivery" which strikes me as odd because (1) it's a saturday; and (2) this is inconsistent with UPS.com's status.

UPS will deliver some packages on Saturdays, but not when shipped at the "Worldwide Expedited" rate, which is how Lenovo shipped to me.

4. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Very weird. Called Lenovo, they said it should ship out Monday. Guy said the 1/9 ship estimate is just in case their parts suppliers are late or something like that. Well I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

5. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is also delayed to 1/15. Does anyone know if this tablet has the screen glued to the digitizer like the surface pro? This will make the surface pro ideal for pen use. I wish microsoft had made a surface with the clover trail- it would have been a no brainer purchase for me. I don't know what microsoft engineers are thinking with arm and win rt, especiallY considering this http://www.anandtech.com/show/6529/busting-the-x86-power-myth-indepth-clover-trail-power-analysis/8
    I don't like the stylus experience and overall feel of the thinkpad tablet Ill consider returning it when the surface pro comes out. Or perhaps just wait for tablets with Haswell in q2/2013

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Pen Pal - Newbie

My tablet is scheduled for delivery via UPS on January 3. It is now in Louisville.

The keyboard has not shipped. I ordered it separately.

7. Windu

Windu Pen Pal - Newbie

yep same for me. I keep getting errors when trying to check my order status.

8. ecoeco

ecoeco Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered: Direct from Lenovo late Nov
    Model: 3g with pen and digitizer.
    Status: preordered for shipping on 18 Dec. On 25 December the order status page updated to show a shipping date of 6 Jan. On 30 December the shipping date disappeared from the order status page.

I've given up and now cancelled the order.
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_222 using Board Express

9. mattalter

mattalter Pen Pal - Newbie

I cancelled today.

10. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm seriously considering cancelling too. I regret that I ordered several accessories that are already here. I would like to hear from Terin Tamel and noxxle which were supposed to have their tablets today. I'm particularly interested in some thoughts about the inking experience, how the pen behaves in the corners of the screen and if the parallax and screen appearance is the same as the old x series tablets. If there wasn't much change in that regard I may just cancel too and get the surface pro.