Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by noxxle, Dec 31, 2012.

1. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

Both are glossy.

2. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

For those curious, the wireless chip is the Broadcom BCM4330.

3. noxxle

Preliminary battery tests indicate about 8-8.5 hours of web browsing/emailing/writing. This is with brightness at 50% (200 nits).

Then again, my battery gauge might not be accurate. I haven't run it down to zero yet. The gauge drops faster from 100% to 90% than from 90% to 80%

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  4. Doggie

Doggie Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Guac--I was waiting for a little bit more data on the pen--I mostly need it for grading papers and notetaking. I was interested in elitepad 900 because the 16x10 is better for work with documents but it does not have wacom pen. I also waiting on the surface pro----but decided it would be too heavy potentially for long stretches and the pen is an unknown factor there. So I newegged my one with overnight delivery--probably won't ship till Monday but will have on Tuesday. Thanks so much for the information!! I had a Sony too--but the ok but not great ng trip pen/digitizer and the weight and the 11.6 inch awkwardness whiile holding----I sold it.

5. makiyum

makiyum Pen Pal - Newbie

That is awesome! What kind of other wacom pens did you try out? Bamboo, intous?

6. bemymonkey

bemymonkey Scribbler - Standard Member

Can anyone confirm that models ordered without a pen don't have a digitizer layer built in at all? This rumor is currently making the rounds in the German Thinkpad forum and the US Lenovo forum... even conformed by Mark-Lenovo :(

7. ALFware

ALFware Pen Pal - Newbie

8. teiger

teiger Pen Pal - Newbie

In Germany all Versions supports the Pen (thats what Lenovo support said), but looks like the american dont.

9. noxxle

Did a factory reset and installed the latest drivers. I am consistently burning through 16% of the battery every hour with the brightness at 50%. I'm doing nothing other than basic tasks, such as web browsing, emailing and reading texts.

I consider 6.5 hours of battery life for basic tasks to be unacceptable by tablet standards. My ipad Mini gets 11-12 doing the same things. The ipad 4 gets even better.

10. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd give it more time. My Acer ran through the battery a lot faster in the beginning than it does now. Realistic battery life with work should be about 7-7.5 hours.

I used my Tablet 2 last night for about 30 min and it ran down about 6%, then another 3% overnight (8 hours). It is also handling a full OS and Windows is fairly battery hungry.