Thinkpad Tablet 2 Factory Reset Reinstall Windows

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Fastestflash, Jun 3, 2014.

1. rfu3

rfu3 Pen Pal - Newbie

Any chance of a link also. I only managed to install Windows 8.1 x86 manually and it isn't running too good. The recovery media would really help.
    rfu3 @ Hotmail.com.

2. hamix 1

hamix 1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just had my tablet 2 freak out on me, endless reboots, etc. Anyone have the recovery media for the tablet 2, it would be a life saver? jt . hamix .1 @ gmail .com

3. Maciej

Maciej Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello folks.
    I have tablet 2 which is not booting and after switching it on is showing empty boot menu. I can get into BIOS, but in startup menu I can only see Windows Boot Manager with ! sign (nothing else). I tried bootable usb with WinPE and Win10, but tablet is just ignoring them. I tried to change/reset security options in BIOS but no results.
    I tried power button with + volume (BIOS) and power button with -volume (nothing - no advanced recovery options).

Any suggestions ? Ideas ? How to install system when USB is not accessible ?

4. Maciej

Maciej Pen Pal - Newbie

Fixed !!!
    Solution is to connect keyboard, enter BIOS/startup/boot and press "!" to unlock Windows booting manager.

5. amdnhatlinh

amdnhatlinh Pen Pal - Newbie

Please help me!
    I have already installed Win 10 successfully. However, when i installed some drivers and bios firmware. I guess i installed the wrong driver for bios. Now i can not enter bios or Win. It restarted again and again with the notice window: Install Windows. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation can not proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.
    I pressed OK, or X to close. Then it restarted and the error board occurred again.
    I also pressed and hold power or volume up/ down. However, nothing happens. Please pm me at nghiemnhatlinh@gmail.com
    Thank you!

6. clearwhitesky

clearwhitesky Pen Pal - Newbie

help me too... I desperately in need of the USB recovery media too... I tried everything but none work. I got a lenovo thinktablet 2 32bits. my email clearwhitesky @ gmail.com -thanks in advance

7. Fuzzyreets

Fuzzyreets Pen Pal - Newbie

Let me do everyone a favor that ever comes across this thread. Go buy a new tablet. You're going to pull your hair out over this and get nowhere. Lenovo sent me 3 different USB keys to do this and none of them works. Hours and hours of ******** wasted for nothing. It's not even a good tablet especially at this point. Get yourself something else. My 2 cents.

8. rench

rench Pen Pal - Newbie

its waiting in your email

clearwhitesky likes this.
  9. rench

rench Pen Pal - Newbie

for a serious note i made an iso through which you can easily recover your system

10. usa.tech.repair

usa.tech.repair Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried pm'ing you but the bot thinks I'm a spammer. I just created this account a few minutes ago so that I could pm you. Could you please help me out with a copy of the iso, I'd highly appreciate it!