Thinkpad Tablet 2 Factory Reset Reinstall Windows

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Fastestflash, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks yhchocolate! But, nothing there as the drive was formatted and erased and we did not know that the key from Crap-leno was on the drive and not on a usb. we are able to load a stock iso that microsoft was nice enough to send us to try and help. It is vers 8.1 pro Build 9600. We get a desktop but nothing works and we need to use a external mouse and keyboard by usb. When we try to add the lenovo files from their website the IO drivers work but kill the back light and you can not see the windows unless you use a flashlight and shine it on the screen to see the desktop. We need a key I think as lenovo has done this trap to force people to pay 50.00 for a key with the Lenovo Frankenstein windows and files on it. Because a stock windows load will crash when you try to just download the drivers from them.

2. Todd

Todd Pen Pal - Newbie

The issue is we do not have the original Lenovo ISO...We do have a new windows 8.1 iso from microstoft.....But when we try to install the io drivers from Lenovo website we get no back light or touch....Is hard to do much with no back light.....Any ideas?
    Product ID:
    36795YU
    Type:
    Serial Number:
    R9YYRW6
    IMEI:
    -
    Tablet 2 #36795yu - R9YYRW6 with GEETC6WW (2.16) bio's

64gb Z2760 1.8ghz cpu 2gb memory

Current ISO from Microsof as of 4-26-15 Win 8.1 pro Build 9600 and all updates direct from Microsoft.

3. Fuzzyreets

Fuzzyreets Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello. I've been looking for this thread for a year. I wiped my tablet 2 a year ago hoping to just do a clean install from my disc. I've spent at least 10-20 hours with tons of discs and utilities trying to get this thing reinstalled and I still have a tablet that I can't reinstall or use for anything. If someone could PLEASE PLEASE help me with a recovery disc, usb, image, iso, ANYTHING to get this reinstalled I would be VERY GRATEFUL. If I have to send you a USB key and pay you I will. Just looking for help with this. You're my only hope.....Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I even spent the $50 on the recovery discs which don't boot!

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  4. Todd

Todd Pen Pal - Newbie

I have all iso for windows 8 and some for windows 7 in iso. We have 2 of the lenovo tablets that just will not load correct also. We have moved to dell for our tablet provider because the support is far better and even after 1 year they are still willing to try to help if you have a issue....Lenovo changes tablet models like socks. Let me know what you need or is you need help installing a iso and we can walk you through. But, do not hope for it to work with out a lot of bug fixes and updates......Send us a pm with your email and we can get you what ever you need.

5. Fuzzyreets

Hey Todd,

Thanks for reaching out. I really appreciate it. I have access to technet and MSDN so I don't know if that's the kind of ISOs you are offering or not. I think for this machine you need the exact machine recovery items. I have tried Windows 8 media, 8.1, and even 10. I can boot to the media and get almost finished the installation but then I get an error stating "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed". I've also attached a screenshot of this to this post here. I know this machine is 32bit UEFI which is an oddball so very little works in the way of diagnostics on this tablet unfortunately. I've tried using BCDEdit but it gives me an error something like "The drives boot information has changed, can't be modified" or something to that effect so I can't fix the BCD either.
    IMG_20150523_101259-min.jpg

As mentioned, I have the recovery discs that I purchased for this tablet but as others have mentioned, they just don't boot. Do you have the recovery USB that I have heard others mention or access to a Tablet 2 that is running that you could make recovery media from? I think that is what I really need unless you have a method that will work from the items you are speaking of. Let me know please. I have heavy technical background and have been working in the industry for 10 years so if you think you can explain something to me that will work, i will definitely understand. Thank you SO MUCH for your reply.

6. Fuzzyreets

come on.....someone has to be watching this forum still.....just need a small bit of help.

7. rfu3

rfu3 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have the image for ThinkPad Tablet 2 32GB version? I would like to try this instead of a custom install of Windows 8.
    Is this a 64bit tablet? I only see x86 windows. I'm happy with either Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and either Core or Pro. All would be useful but need to be compatible with the 32GB version of the tablet. Please let me know if you have it.

8. Fuzzyreets

So I was able to call Lenovo and get the recovery USB FINALLY. I thought all was going well until it wasn't. The recovery USB they sent boots fine and goes through the whole recovery. Once that is done it asks to reboot and you hit yes. It then brings up a blue screen with command prompt window and runs a bunch of stuff, WinPE audit, etc. Looks good so it reboots again and all I get is this...over and over again rebooting to this. No clue what to do now. I hate this thing but I'm hell bent on getting it working.

Attached Files:

9. Grope4luna

Grope4luna Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the same problem. Pixie @ Speakeasy.net. please help

10. rench

rench Pen Pal - Newbie

i mailed you at Pixie @ Speakeasy.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.