Thinkpad Tablet 2 Factory Reset Reinstall Windows

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Fastestflash, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me.Marc

Me.Marc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello there, i ran into similiar problem-my thinkpad2 "died" after an system update, got a ThinkPad 2 pro 16gb version, win 8 pro on board... would You be so kind and upload a recovery usb image somewhere and share a link with me?My email is me.marcin@gmail.com

Best Regards.
    Marcin

2. MyLenovoTablet2isDead

MyLenovoTablet2isDead Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there, I have the same issue with Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet2 64G running Windows Pro and need to reset to original factory setting with no source file, can i get a copy of the image? Warranty is expired. my email address is alexwong79@gmail.com

Thanks!

3. sakal

sakal Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody can help my build recover usb? :(
    PLEASE

4. MyLenovoTablet2isDead

MyLenovoTablet2isDead Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally got the iso and PM me if you want a copy of recovery image.

5. yhchocolate

yhchocolate Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I have got similar problems, one day I want to reset my old TPT2, 64G from just bought from amazon last Summer. It restore complete, but after reset, it say the installation is not complete, and can't start up again. Can any one send me the recovery image? Help

6. Todd

Todd Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue. It will go to the Leveno icon and just go black.... I found a old windows 8 preview in 32 bit and did a install and is just bad and more bad! Nothing is working, no sound, no touch, so I did a chipset driver update from the leveno site aND NOW I have no back light......Uhhhh, I called leveno and they want 45.00 to send me a back up key that was on my drive that was erased. So I have no way to do anything. Leveno is not much help and I doubt the old iso is even recoverable. So, if any one has a 64g tablet 2 iso collecting dust I need some help please!

7. Todd

Todd Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, here is a update: Got windows 8.1 pro installed and have a home screen and external mouse and key board working. I went to leveno site and tried to update the IO drivers listed as Intel Platform Driver for Windows 8 (32-bit) - ThinkPad Tablet 2 and alos tried Intel Platform Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit), 8 (32-bit) - ThinkPad Tablet 2 and both install and then my screen goes blank like the back light gets shut off? Right now windows does not see BT, WIFI, and a lot of other stuff. If I could just get it to go online I can use the leveno site to find software auto. This is the 64g tablet and the drive was wiped by my 13 year old who thinks he know all! We do not have the usb key that we can find anymore so uhhhhhhh nothing is usable and even touch not working. Any help would be great!

8. Todd

Todd Pen Pal - Newbie

Any luck getting your tablet up and running yet?

9. Todd

Todd Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same tablet and I had the same issue I was able to reinstall windows 8.1 and get it working but can not get WIFI and BT and touch working yet? If you need help to reinstall windows let me know and I can walk you through it.

10. yhchocolate

yhchocolate Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Todd. I have solved this issue.
    If the backup drive,. drive X: is still there and not format, we can use that backup from there.

Procedure:
    1. Try to switch off the unit completely. either let the unit out of battery, and charge up again or switch off under windows 8.1
    2. Press Power on Together with VOL-.
    3. Press and HOLD unit the word "please wait" appear
    4. it will goes into blue screen, and you can choice restore the windows completely.
    5. If there is some problems there. > go to dos prompt at the blue screen. And type format c:/q. (format the old folder directly) - Very dangerous, or you can delete some broken files can help.
    6. I can reinstall the original Lenovo iso after format c:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.