Thinkpad Tablet 2 Factory Reset Reinstall Windows

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Fastestflash, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airbillion

airbillion Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi...

Sent you a pm with my email....

If you could please give me a link for the tpt2 iso I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

2. Okdiverdown

Okdiverdown Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you help me too?? Can't find my restore files... Ugh. Bgray at centurylink dot net. Can't use my tablet 2 right now at all. I moved and lost everything. Need to reset windows 8 but have no key or files. Thanks!!!

3. Okdiverdown

Okdiverdown Pen Pal - Newbie

Help! Can you walk an idiot through this please? I have a thinkpad 2 but moved and have no files at all. What exactly are the steps I should take to restore my tablet? Thanks!!!

4. rab

rab Pen Pal - Newbie

If you still have the recovery partition
    shot down

volume down(-) + power
    keep pressing volume down tell you see lenovo logo + (please wait)
    advanced > recover

5. DataAndBeer

DataAndBeer Pen Pal - Newbie

Help!!Also looking for recovery image for 32 gb version (no recovery partition). All refresh, reset, and repair options do not work. I bought second hand this way thinking I could fix it. Can someone give me a link to an image to download?

6. ktrezzi

ktrezzi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello guys,

I have also a real issue with my ThinkPad Tablet 2 (Digitizer, Win 8 Pro). I needed to reinstall my ThinkPad yesterday so I used the new posibility from Microsoft for the "naked" .iso (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media)

I was able to reinstall that naked version of Windows but now nothing is working :( No keyboard, no bluetooth, no WIFI, no touch...nothing :( I tried to reinstall some drivers (WIFI, Bluetooth to be specific) but nothing worked out :(

Could somebody PLEASE send me just the regular recovery image?? It would be so awesome, I need that thablet urgently cause I am working on my thesis right now o_O

7. RyemedyStorm

RyemedyStorm Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you send me the files too? I will PM you. Many thanks!

8. williamd

williamd Pen Pal - Newbie

install the intel driver will make pretty much everything work then install the Bluetooth and the wifi driver . That's pretty much all you really need ! I used same clean install then drivers using keyboard and mouse . Have a clean windows install. Then you can download the Lenovo updater if you want to install other stuff. It's really up to you on how much u want to install.

9. RyemedyStorm

RyemedyStorm Pen Pal - Newbie

The issue I am having is doing a fresh install when the whole tablet was wiped, I was in cmd prompt on the tablet when windows 8 was still bootable and did a diskpart format on the main partition accidentally while in the recovery menu of the tablet (pwr button + vol. down). I rebooted the tablet in hopes that I could use a USB with the windows 8 iso that worked on my other computers but it is not wanting to boot to any external device at all.

Is there anyway to reinstall windows on the tablet without booting the recovery (pwr button + vol. down) when there is no partition to boot to?

10. williamd

williamd Pen Pal - Newbie

you will have to boot to your USB with windows core. There is a part of the install to partion the HD the windows install . The you can use the recovery drive to reinstall windows 8.
    hope that helps. When using the recovery USB .it still wont put the recovery back on the HD . You will always have to use the recovery USB to reinstall win 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.