Thinkpad Tablet 2 Factory Reset Reinstall Windows

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Fastestflash, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natesmith

natesmith Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I am running into a similar scenario, just little bit worst. I can find the USB drive, may be my dog has chew up. Is there any chance that you can share your USB image or any suggestions where I could find one,

Thanks in advance,

2. MiseriesChild

MiseriesChild Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not sure how to do a PM since I am rather new to the site but I am having a similar issue with my Lenovo Tablet 2 64GB. I bought it used and it didn't have a recovery partition on it. I finally got "Recover Disks" from Lenovo, (after 3 weeks and $50) but when I try to boot from my external CD/DVD drive the screen just blinks and comes back to the boot selection screen. I checked the "Secure Boot" and disabled it but still no change. Any help at all would be AWESOME!! I am about to pull my hair out. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. bab

bab Pen Pal - Newbie

hi
    i have same problem.i can both from usb or dvd ,i have format recovery partion,so have try evrything,so please som one help me i have lenova tab 2 windows 8.1..so pleaz if any one have boot cd or what it need hjalp mej,tell mej what too do,sorry for my English.från sweden.
    thanks,waiting

4. MiseriesChild

MiseriesChild Pen Pal - Newbie

I was able to find a bootable ISO from this site "http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/47732-The-Windows-8-1-(-amp-related)-Repository#a7i", third post down. From here I was able to install a retail version of Windows 8.1. After getting the ISO from the website above I was able to use the information from this website, "http://superuser.com/questions/697253/clean-install-windows-8-1-or-windows-8-from-oem-key" to put in my OEM key after the install of Win 8.1. Hope this helps... :)

Note: I also found out by calling Microsoft they can send you a Retail DVD of Windows 8 or 8.1 without a key for like $15 S&H.

5. bab

bab Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks i have too try this,thanks

6. bab

bab Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    i can do anything vis startup,i have try evry windows version i have,you se i have format hole the c harddisk.so now when i start it will show boot menu i try exrenal dvd,usb evrything just can boot anything.
    thanks för hjalping

7. rab

rab Pen Pal - Newbie

Recovery Image
    Hi Folks,
    hope someone can direct me or tell me what i'm doing wrong.
    i got a 2nd hand TT2 few days ago and i tried to upgrade to W8.1 from windows store, system ask to install update 1st and that's what i did, but when it restate it start to install tell about 50% and get stock in loop "
    "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes" anyway
    I restore the system to factory by pressing (power + vol down) and get back to lenovo original recovery image. after few attempts I decide to install retail version of W8.1 i create a copy to usb flash drive using "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool".
    from hear by using external mouse and keyboard
    power + vol down
    advance setting
    CMD
    install from usb
    everything went well by formatting C: drive and installing fresh copy of windows 8.1
    after install i get drivers from lenovo website and all hardware working fine.
    now i tried to go back to lenovo pre installed OEM (by the way all the recovery partitions still there)all what i format is C: drive
    and i can't install it from recovery image installed in hidden partition!!!
    my quastion is is there anyway to get the original lenovo OEM back or how to access it.
    or if someone can help sending me or direct me to how to get a recovery copy i will really appreciate.

8. rab

rab Pen Pal - Newbie

can you please read my post and if you can help i will really appreciate

9. jmbeca

jmbeca Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also having trouble re-installing Windows. I tried to reset via settings in charms bar and it wouldn't permit it. So I used two methods, first by downloading a win 8.1 installer using a generic key (actually I tried 8.0 as well but I only have a Pro key from upgrade, not the key it came loaded with); second by making a recovery drive from my Dell. (I couldn't copy the recovery partition on the TPT2 when I tried -- the option was greyed out).
    In both cases, I have been able to install and get into Windows, but my computer has little functionality. It cannot detect network card, sound and brightness are greyed out and the screen has no touch or pen input. I can plug a usb hub in to navigate with a wired keyboard and I downloaded all the Lenovo drivers from the website off another computer and ran them off a USB key one by one and it still has none of the above functions restored. I've done a number of resets and refreshes and am having no luck. Does anyone have any insight or ideas? Is it possibly a hardware issue (and just really bad luck, timing wise)? Can I do anything myself to fix that?

Appreciate any thoughts.

10. rab

rab Pen Pal - Newbie

well all my drivers are working including stylus and light sensor
    that's the steps i follow make shore you have Win 32bit 8.1 pro is better
    create your usb from a iso file
    install
    download from lenovo support (filter the option windows 8 32bit)
    install all divers available
    hope it will work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.