Thinkpad P50 with ThinkPad Pen Pro (Wacom AES)!?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by testplayer, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

rebelismo, how flat can you lay down the P70 screen? Can you post some pictures? Thanks.

2. rebelismo

rebelismo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hopefully this will illustrate it a bit better. I also wanted to show the pen pressure in Manga Studio, and a little bit of 3dCoat in the upright position which is how I generally use it. It should be mentioned that this is the Bamboo Smart 2 in 1 pen with drivers that aren't approved by Lenovo. In the last shot you can see the size comparison to a 12 inch Fujitsu T732, which is using the older Wacom technology.

I'm predicting that anyone who has used EMR tech before will go through an adjustment period with AES. Its very easy to mess up inking if you're used to a better reaction distance (like me).

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. rebelismo

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like Wacom is going to step up their game with Gen13. I do hope that it will be compatible with current devices, but that might be wishful thinking...

4. Shogmaster

Holy moly that's a fat phucker! Love it. :D

I would totally use it flat. Interesting....

5. rebelismo

Hah, yeah it's a fairly chunky laptop. Do you tend to draw with your tablet pc completely flat? I've gotten used to keeping my cintiq at an angle, and that's the way I do it with laptops as well because of easy access to ctrl, alt, shift etc. They could've done the flip/tent mode with this design, but I tend to look at it as a workstation laptop first with the added bonus of a Wacom stylus.

6. Shogmaster

I am use to both flat and angled.

Even with Cintiq, I kept it flat as possible. With Miix 700, I have the kickstand all the way down in landscape, and in portrait, it's flat on the desk.

I can't do the whole giant keyboard between me and the screen set up. It keeps the screen to far for me and awkward to draw that way IMO.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  7. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for all of the info on this thread. I used the Dell Precision M6600 for inking for a time, but the screen would not lay flat like this machine.

As to that bizarre interchange re: Windows 7 vs 10, I use Windows 10 on mission critical systems for patient care. Windows 10 works reliably, end of story.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  8. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does the p40 yoga's stylus that comes with the device work on the p50 laptop? Yes I mean p40 and p50 as confusing as that might sound

Carrying around a p40 and a p50 could be a pretty cool combo. Big screens touch, big power. Acceptable stylus.

9. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes the P40 and P50 pens should be interchangeable although I haven't tested either machine personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. claraliang

claraliang Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone has compared 1080p and 4k version? Same other specs but 4k charges extra $200..(on ebay)