ThinkPad Helix looks promising

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by JoeS, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I also did get confirmation from Kupa directly. The pen is pressure sensitive the same as the Surface Pro, it's just missing the same WinTab drivers. So 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity in OneNote, MS Office, ArtRage, Auto desk, etc...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yikes ... double post. Sry.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. Bronsky

I love the 16:10 display on my Q552. I prefer it to the 16:9 display that was on my Surface.

4. rv824

rv824 Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering if the lack of pressure sensitivity is a Lenovo issue that will require a direct fix by them, or a Windows 8 problem that will be fixed by the solution they are currently working on. Does anyone with knowledge about the issue know why it doesn't work, and what will need to happen in order to get it fixed.

I have an order in for the Helix to be delivered next week, and I'm wondering if I should keep it. I'm a digital artist, and a fix to this issue is very important to me.

When Microsoft fixes the Surface Pro pen pressure issue, will this fix be able to be used by the Helix?

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/lenovo-ibm/53433-thinkpad-helix-looks-promising-67.html#post323969
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hardware/55527-list-win8-tablets-working-pressure-sensitivity.html
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/microsoft/55348-cant-install-wacom-tablet-pc-drivers.html

6. Gophynna

Gophynna Pen Pal - Newbie

Is this tablet actually being sold and shipped now? I am fairly interested in it as an engineering student. Does anyone have a link to where I can purchase it if it is available?

7. Taikero

Taikero Pen Pal - Newbie

8. Bronsky

Looks like classic thinkpad quality.:thumbsup:

9. TornWonder

TornWonder Pen Pal - Newbie

ExcaliberPC.com has some in stock now if you want to jump on it. Not sure why certain retailers and customers were given access to the device before others could even pre-order from Lenovo, but whatever.

10. Gophynna

Gophynna Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you think the price is about the same as what lenovo will be retailing it at when they open their pre-orders?

QUOTE=TornWonder;324063]ExcaliberPC.com has some in stock now if you want to jump on it. Not sure why certain retailers and customers were given access to the device before others could even pre-order from Lenovo, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.