ThinkPad Helix looks promising

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by JoeS, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Kupa X15 has a 1920x1200 res. if you really need it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

2. notandor

notandor Pen Pal - Newbie

I was planning to buy the following helix model: 3698-4TU, apparently 2nd best loaded model, thinking that the only difference between this and 3698-4UU is only the 180GB v/s 250GB. Reason for 3698-4TU was, I'll be upgrading the ssd to 512gb... so might as well save ~$250 here for SSD.

But when I look at the model info: http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/tabook.pdf (page 12 or so) it seems 3698-4TU also does not have NFC, but has 4G, AT&T etc. Guys, do you think this is a typo... or Lenovo pulled a fast one here... forcing us to buy 4UU w/ $250 premium for fully loaded system.

3. BWhite

BWhite Scribbler - Standard Member

4. tmn

tmn Pen Pal - Newbie

Ebay can't ship to my country :(

5. Kabouik

Kabouik Scribbler - Standard Member

Review videos are expected to be uploaded today on this channel: Miles Reiter - YouTube

(Well, here in Europe it's already 4/18, but he said the first videos would be up on 4/17 so I expect it's coming in a few hours.)

6. CostcoLawDegree

CostcoLawDegree Pen Pal - Newbie

If his new videos are released with the same time estimations that Lenovo has used with the Helix, we should see them posted by May or June, give or take six months.

7. Houngan

Houngan Pen Pal - Newbie

8. Kabouik

Kabouik Scribbler - Standard Member

Indeed. :]

9. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

The device should work exactly like the Surface Pro does. I would check if the Pro has pressure sensitivity in the program you want. It's all a driver issue, people. It just hasn't been done yet. I guess it will eventually, and hopefully that MS Surface Pro drive will work on other devices. But pressure sensitivity will work in apps that use the native Windows drivers-- One Note, Journal, Artrage, SBP, Manga Studio 5, etc.

10. zendragon

zendragon Scribbler - Standard Member

I have seen a lot of people on this forum ask for 16:10 screen size, with pressure sensitive pen input for portrait mode/note taking. We don't have to give up on that dream, we just have to demand it. That's how the market works. The only reason 16:9 is what's out there, is because we're buying it. As consumers we just need to put our money where we want it to get results.

It's a risk because it's a foreign and untested device, but the Kupa X15 really does have most if not all of the features I see most people asking for. 16:10, removable battery, battery in the dock, more ram, pressure sensitive capable pen*, not to mention the keyboard dock has more ports than pretty much any keyboard dock I've seen. All of this and we're still willing to compromise on the Surface Pro for a slightly lower price tag, or the Lenovo Helix for the same price without the features we want.