Thinkpad 8 Windows 10

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by MrPhilo, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrPhilo

MrPhilo Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I can't see a thread for this so...

But yeah, I just installed Windows 10 on my Thinkpad 8 using the Lenovo Y USB Cable or something, I had to format the usb to FAT32 instead of NTFS as it doesn't pick it up when trying to install.

The weird thing is, Windows 10 installed like 90% of my drivers, only driver I installed was Intel Display and Security to make touchscreen work again. But Bluetooth, WWAN, Wifi etc all off them was installed for me, albeit the Bluetooth is a Microsoft software so I might install the Thinkpad driver instead

Anyone else installed W10 on there TP 8?

2. Nemets

Nemets Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice! Any problems so far?
    What build number did you install?

3. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

At all i would not expect big problems using W10 with the tp8. Win8.1 is not that different in comparsion to Win10.
    I'm sure i will update my tp10 when the early birds tell me the system is stable. At all my Win8.1 tp10 works very well, so why change to early....

4. naguumo1

naguumo1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had Windows 10 installed on my tp8 for about a month and a half and the biggest issue for is typing and navigating with the Spartan browser. There are a lot of times when the touch keyboard just wont appear when I need to type and I have to minimize the browser pull up the keyboard and the bring spartan back up. It also seems that they took away the gesture controls for going forward and backwards when browsing.

5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

With the 10158 that has changed.

1. Because of the allways on taskbar you can access the keyboard button.
    2. When switching to tabletmode I haven't had a singletime that the kb didn't come up.

10158 is a big step forward for tablets.
    If I now can get back the "Require a password on wakeup" function everything is fine.
    Even connected standby is working fine now.

6. adner

adner Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm considering to install W10. Do you know what about "recovery"? In W8 few times I used recovery with "full reinstallation". Recovery formated drive and installed W8 with drivers + Office. How will recovery behave after installation of W10. Is it possible to prepare recovery partition with W10?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.