Thinkpad 8 Release Date?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by lostidentity, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbca

pbca Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is still holding at 4/6. But the way things are going I don't really expect it to ship then. I don't think there is another 128 GB small tablet out with Win 8 at least. I have developed a totally baseless conspiracy theory on the fact that all these use the USB to charge... in that MS or intel required certain hardware aspects to limit the usability as a docked desktop. Perhaps limiting to 64GB storage was another line on that contract and Lenovo missed it, and we are all at the mercy of lawyers. And of course all of this under the direction of powerful alien beings that look much like sasquetch.

dceggert likes this.
  2. velsper8

velsper8 Pen Pal - Newbie

my original shipment date got pushed back for 4/1/2014.

I checked today thinking it'll finally ship after 2 months of waiting

Lenovo pushed back the shipment to 4/8/2014.

Talk to representative there is no guarantee and once the 4/8 approach it could be pushed back again.

I didn't want to stereotype anything and I try not to.

But in this case I'm so frustrated I'll do so.

Lenovo is typical Chinese company and represent everything that's "Made in China" Product wise they are great but their service is CHEAP.

Lenovo wants to become Global player? I don't consider myself as early adapter but it's been 2 month since I order thinkpad 8. Computer price drop drastically in that time.

Since lenovo couldn't honor their shipment date they should've adjusted price of thinkpad 8 for that 2 month depreciation.

3. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Ask for a discount for your shipping delay. I ended up getting 10% back due to the delay of my shipment. Not much but something for my trouble.

4. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo lenovo@lenovo.com

3:09 AM (4 hours ago)

to me
    Lenovo: Shipment confirmation
    Dear ********* ,

We apologize, but we are unable to ship one or more items on your order at this time. We anticipate shipment within 30 days of this notification. Our online order status tool displays the latest information on your order therefore a revised estimated ship date is not included in this notification.

Please continue to track the status of your order online by visiting Order Status.

Qty Part number Description Status Price Total
    1 20BNCTO1WW ThinkPad Tablet 0108 Released to Manufacturing
    359.10 USD 359.10 USD

I'm out of the Thinkpad 8 game for good. This was my second order that got delayed, the first was the 128GB model that I cancelled a few weeks ago. This one was for the 64 that everyone seemed to be receiving. Will move forward with the Dell Venue 8 most likely. If anyone wants to use my corporate discount to place an order, I will see how that works as well.

5. PECgem

PECgem Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree, no matter how good the product is, if you can't get it in a reasonable time frame, what's the point. I am going to be getting the Dell Venue 8 Pro 64 gb shortly along with the case and stylus and according to their shipping info it usually gets shipped out the day after you place the order.

6. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Pen Pal - Newbie

^^ Good call. I was able to secure a 64GB version from the outlet, for 180ish a few days ago. Set to be delivered today.

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It's really amazing how similar this rollout is to the situation with the ThinkPad Tablet 2 at the end of 2012. Similar delays, similar lack of communication.

8. pbca

pbca Pen Pal - Newbie

Although I convinced myself I wanted a small tablet with at least 128GB, if they move mine again I am as well done with these guys for a while. So far supposed to ship Monday. I would love to find out how many of these things they are actually building...you have to think it may be a very small volume. I am sure, being on the low end of the price scale, other new products they launched are taking precedence in resources if those are short.

9. Rebeljuice

Rebeljuice Pen Pal - Newbie

They are probably more focussed on their Android Yoga tablets which are probably outselling the Windows tablets by a large margin. The TP8 may just be a small scale production run, made to order, to keep their foot in the door with Windows and this form factor.

Whatever the reasons for the poor delivery and CS, there really are no excuses. I see the same issues going on with the Dell Venue 11 pro (i5 and LTE). Unacceptable really. At least when the SP2 had production issues Microsoft pulled the product from the "shelves" until the supply was back. They didnt keep cancelling orders, giving false shipping dates etc.

10. guzzimike66

guzzimike66 Pen Pal - Newbie

I cancelled my order yesterday. Originally ordered 1/29 w/shipping bumped twice, then original order cancelled by Lenovo and regenerated with new ship date that again slipped. Too much incompetence from them for me :-(