Thinkpad 8 no longer on website...

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Daylove, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yep. If it had a pen I might have gone for it. I don't like the size bump. I'm afraid it would bump it just out of the pocket range which might be a deal breaker... but no pen was for sure a deal breaker for most in this community at least.

2. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

I would have bought this... with a pen as well....

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I get the feeling Lenovo hasn't adapted to the new hyper fast release cycle realities. You just can't afford to be this late to the table in this day and age... particularly when you aren't bringing anything super unique with that late arrival.

If I didn't want a pen, I would have been perfectly happy sticking with my Dell V8P. The build quality was up there and the screen quality was very good. I guess there is USB 3.0, but people have reported a less than impressive speed bump from it, and, honestly, the USB port on my 8" tablet is rarely used. I transfer stuff via Wifi generally and I basically never use wireless peripherals with it. My USB port is pretty much a charging port. Even on my "laptop" I might use the USB port a couple times a month when someone hands me their USB stick.

4. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I wonder if that was truly a misunderstanding on the media's part or just a misunderstanding on Lenovo's part in thinking that people wanted expensive 8" tablets without Pens.

dceggert likes this.
  6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why not Lenovo wait until end of year or early 2015 to announced refresh of the Thinkpad 8 with Cherry Trail CPU.
    Only for the 4gb of ram.
    NO WAY Lenovo.
    Plus they should somehow delivered better battery life because 6 hours for very light use it's deal breaker for me like my current Thinkpad 8 using for 3 months.
    Nice having high build quality machine with very good screen but at least 8 hours of battery life.
    Even SP2/SP3 offer much better battery life with Intel Core CPU.
    Wake up Lenovo.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

7. markj

markj Pen Pal - Newbie

8. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

But at all the TP8 is more intersting with 4GB RAM and 64bit OS, now only the Stylus is missing. Hoping for a TP8.1 with Stylus :)

dceggert likes this.
  9. jonny4

jonny4 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got an email this morning from Lenovo, I signed up to be notified when the LTE version was available. They were pointing me toward the Thinkpad 10 because the TP 8 is no longer available.