Thinkpad 10 2nd Gen is Discontinued

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bishop, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I'm glad I got one before they were discontinued. It is a very polite splash screen though.

JoeS likes this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Wonder if its going to be replaced?

3. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

RIP Thinkpad Gen 2
    You were not the perfect device to solve all of Dstrauss's problems, but you were still you.
    - Robert Frost 1982

Man, can't wait until they make a Helix 3. With trackpoint. C'mon with new processors like Core M and Kaby Lake, it's gotta happen someday, right?

Right? : (

Bishop and Bronsky like this.
  4. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

As far as I know, ThinkPad Tablet is more or less dead. Slate Tablets in general are in decline. I even think the second gen X1 Tablet might be the last of its kind, due to lacking sales. Look at how Lenovo treats it compared with the Miix line, the Miix 720 is cheaper while having better specs.

I know there was originally a second gen X1 Tablet planned with full U-Series Core i-CPUs. This was not announced, no sign of it, so my guess it that they canceled it after all.

5. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

And yet there goes Samsung releasing the Galaxy Book 10.6 and 12 in. tablets, 3:2 screen ratio, Wacom EMR, Verizon WWAN and 10 hr battery (promised).

I suspect as long as Apple keeps throwing big screen iPads out there, there'll be some Wintel device offered up. What was Don Henley's line from "Learn to Be Still":

But the flock cries out for another;
    And they keep answering that bell;
    One more starry eyed messiah;
    Meets a violent farewell;

If anything happens to this TP10-2dGen, I could probably live with the Galaxy Book 10.6 as the companion solution.

Marty likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Funny, after using my S3 as a primary notebook, the Samsung Core M would make it a near perfect replacement. My GN5 has been pressed into the role of companion device to the S3.

7. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, Lenovo is also still doing some Windows Tablets, but they are not pure Slate tablets, they are all Hybrids. They just introduced a new 10,1" Atom powered Tablet, the Miix 320. They also of course have the Miix 720 in the 12" size.

I was talking about Think tablets, which are more business focused. Apparently did not sell particularly well.