Thinking of upgrading dual monitor setup to dual touchscreen monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr. Boosh, May 26, 2017.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've been rocking 2x1080p 23" Asus monitors for a few years now. Once you go dual monitor you can never go back.

There's really no use for doing this, but yesterday I was just raising my hands up and seeing how easy and quick it would be to tap the respective screens for quick tasks.

I'm looking at this HP Business E230T. It is just a tad more than what I originally paid for these Asus'. I'm thinking I could offload my current monitors and get a little bit of money back.

I'll be able to VESA mount this exactly how my current monitors are set up.

Anyone ever thought of doing this?

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. Mr. Boosh

Pulled the trigger, I got issues.

Hopefully I can get $150-$200 locally for both my current monitors.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Or you could just keep your old monitors too.....how many video out ports does you graphics card have? If all your monitors can be VESA mounted....why not try a 4 monitor set-up?

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I have two mountedon arms.
    It takes some time to get used to touch and mouse is generally faster but I would never come back to the old boring way.
    Consider though that I stand at the desk most of the time, never used them on a normal sitting desk.

Mr. Boosh likes this.
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yeah, why get rid of the older monitors? Install them further away where you don't need to reach. I have three external to my SP3 and i would hate to have anything less than that. I want to replace them with three 4k monitors but I have to wait for better graphics or go back to a desktop.

6. Mr. Boosh

4 monitors is a level of overkill I don't need to entertain. Plus, I'd have to buy a new mount and my OCD would flare up because the 4 monitors wouldn't be the same. My apartment and desk space is small as well. Would be extremely hacky or not possible at all to drive 4 displays with the ZC.

I like my current setup with my two monitors sitting above my ZC, which is located below and at the center. The tablet has email and text on it permanently and the rest of my work gets allocated to the two monitors.