Thinking of getting the C314

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by MRL, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I have my own custom business software development business (20 years) and I purchase hardware for clients. I have also built 2 PCs from scratch (components). I have been dealing with ZipZoomFly for like forever. I have purchased "tons" of stuff from them - just about everything free ship FedEx 2 day. They almost always ship the following business day and sometimes the same business day!

It would be my unqualified recommendation to go with ZipZoomFly. I needed a new hard drive. NewEgg had one I was interested in that came with a $25 mail-in rebate. Newegg shipping was 6.99. ZipZoomFly had the same drive at a total cost lower than the NewEgg net cost - with no mail-in forms to deal with. The drive arrived yesterday. When I need hardware, I start at ZipZoomFly.

2. 240sxer

240sxer Pen Pal - Newbie

They dont ship to Canada :(

3. 240sxer

240sxer Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question..

Why is the C314 so much cheaper than most other tablet PCs out there that are half as powerful?

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

The low cost does not mean low quality.
    My C314 is my second Acer. I had the Acer 8006LMi notebook for 2 years. I sold it on EBay when I got my C314. The 8006 was a PC Magazine Editors' Choice winner. I had not really heard much about Acer before and thought of Acer as an inferior product before the PC Magazine article. I never regretted buying the 8006 and certainly do not regret buying the C314 - the C314 has become my primary PC, my Dell P4 has been reduced to a file server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.