Thinking about a LE1600

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by JessersinPajamers, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbase1

tbase1 Pen Pal - Newbie

wow.....great deal chris.......you make me want to keep my LE1700UVA.

2. BillW50

BillW50 Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh no! I know nothing about these LE1600 yet. I am just unhappy with my two Dell Latitude ST (basically the same thing as Motion Computing CL900), one I put Windows 8 on and the other I left with Windows 7. Anyway I just bought three LE1600 from three different places. One is a TS. It also has the bump case (these seem to be hard to find), keyboard, original install disc, and the original box. The other two has Flexdocks and one has a keyboard too. So what is so bad about touch screen only?

3. BillW50

BillW50 Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay I have been playing around for weeks now between LE1600 between Active Digitizer and Touch Screen models. And one isn’t necessarily better over the other one. As it depends on what you want to do. The PDF manual helps a great deal about the limitations about the Touch Screen models. And besides the manual, I noticed that TS is also very poor if you want to write or draw.

On the other hand, TS can work with your fingers too. Motion Computing touch screens isn’t as sensitive to your fingers as well as N-Trig screens (N-Trig has both touch and a digitizer in one). As you have to press pretty hard with your finger with Motion Computing TS for it to register. Thus resting your palm on the screen usually doesn’t count as a touch. And normally, this is a good thing. ;-)

4. BillW50

BillW50 Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh yeah… I don’t know why, but those LE1600TS doesn’t show fingerprints easy at all. I haven’t had to clean the screen once yet. I can’t say that for many other tablets I have used either active digitizer or touch screens.

5. BillW50

BillW50 Pen Pal - Newbie

What is yours like? I have three of them. Do you have a SXGA+ screen (1400x1050)? Which CPU does yours have?

6. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

That's pretty cool. Can you use a device like a pen or whatnot to make smaller marks? I'm trying to figure out if it's got a resistive digitizer or not-- the kind where any kind of pressure can create a mark, not just a special digitizer pen or a finger only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.