Things to do when I get my tablet

Discussion in 'Dell' started by BenIsLegend, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenIsLegend

BenIsLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

So my tablet is due to be arriving soon, as I've waited so long I don't want to do something that will mess it up and cause problems. My simple question is does anyone know the way I should approach powering the tablet on for the first time, and bios I need to install right away etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. hyperseven

hyperseven Pen Pal - Newbie

there is a huge thread on this called , "things to do when you get your tablet" :)

3. BenIsLegend

BenIsLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

Ahh, probably what gave me the idea for this thread haha. My apologizes, could an admin please lock this thread so I can go and nosey on over the other one :)

4. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Really, you don't need to do anything special. Typically, when I get a new Windows device, I apply the new Windows updates, and those from the manufacturer as well. (Here, I didn't apply all the manufacturer's updates--I wanted to read up on them and still need to do the updates--but did apply those that were most important from a use perspective, the ambient light sensor update and the touchscreen update.) Note that a new Dell BIOS, BIOS A05, issued just yesterday. It seems fine enough, but it does get rid of some of the options available from the earlier (and still available) BIOS A03.

I also would read through some of the threads here, including the Getting started thread and others that may be of interest. Do note that info. changes over time, and so information on page 1 of a thread may be different from posts many pages later--and some of the threads here are very long. ¡Cuidado!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.