Things that annoy me about my T4210...

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kureshii, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

I paid for my weight saver, it was inserted into the accessories box. All Australian T4210s come with the optical drive by default, it's one of the reasons they're better value than the m400 here (where you have to pay extra for the optical). If they don't list the weight saver on the specs sheet, I wouldn't expect to receive one, but perhaps they are included in some US bundles as the bundle there is quite different to here (comes with OneNote for example).

2. onesaint

onesaint Pen Pal - Newbie

3. megaman1x

megaman1x Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey P8RSON,
    I'm in Canada and when I ordered my T4210, I did not order an optical drive, however I did order a modular bay battery. A "weight saver" was inserted into the drive bay and the mod battery was packaged in another box.

ps. the weight saver is just that tiny bit of plastic that basically "fills the gap".....right?

4. onesaint

onesaint Pen Pal - Newbie

yes, the cheap (but you'll pay through the nose) plastic kinda square thing. one came with my retail box too.

5. cregester

cregester Pen Pal - Newbie

Good afternoon fellow tablet users,

To the post initiator, I have a solution to the following:

To solve this problem, rotate your screen to the way you would like it in whatever mode (for instance, I have my tablet set to 180 degree turn while in tablet mode versus the standard 90), open the Control Panel in Windows, double-click on "Fujitsu Tablet Controls", and in the resulting dialog box, click "Save Current Profile".

For this to work properly, you must be in the current mode and orientation you wish to save.

I hope this helps you like your 4210 just a little bit more. It did for me! :D

EDIT: I mis-read something on your post, however, in my current test I just performed, coming back from standby to the mode I preferred worked so my solution may still be applicable. Good luck!

-Craig

6. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah I see what you mean. Had my 4210 for about 3 months now, currently at the servicing centre due to a screen crack from an accident, and it's been at least a month since I sent it in >.< do parts usually take so long to arrive?

Fujitsu Singapore has pretty good tech support so far, not that I've called them that often.

1. Hasn't happened to me yet... but anyway I underclocked my 4210 so much it is cooler than a hot water bottle when on batteries, so overheating is never a problem for me. And not much of a performance hit... reasonable tradeoff for 6h of battery life (WLAN off, screen dim, no DVDRW drive) IMO.
    2. Yeah, I hate that too... esp when it happens in the middle of lectures. I just turn down BIOS volume to mid/low to minimise it.
    3. I have 3 words, no, 1 URL for you: http://www.pbus-167.com/
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I'm using it and no complaints so far. Just weird that it keeps jumping multipliers when I'm only taking notes in tablet mode...
    4. Plastic came free with my notebook. Unfortunately, it's a student deal, so no bluetooth.
    5. Mine's a slightly diff. problem. I'm a leftie, and find it more convenient to take notes in upside-down landscape tablet mode (i.e. buttons at bottom). When I suspend and resume the screen always appears upside-down (i.e. default display mode), even after cregester's fix. Not a big prob though, just 2 quick presses of screen rotate ;-) haven't tried external monitors though
    6. Hasn't happened to me...
    7. Yup, but I don't use it that often, works fine for now.
    8. It works in tablet mode in a pinch, when I need to scroll about 1/3 to 1/2 of a page (PgUp+Dn are configured to scroll 1 whole page), without too much accuracy. just run your finger along it like you're scanning your fingerprint.

What's annoying for me? Once in a while the tablet buttons completely stop working, even though the button process is still in Task Manager. A quick restart fixes it, but is still annoying in the middle of a lecture.

also this problem. Happens once a week, and seems to occur only from tablet mode. Not so often that I feel like returning it, and definitely liveable with as of now.

Also, a button for ctrl-alt-del? Can't it be reconfigured? Task Manager can be accessed by r-clicking on taskbar anyway...

No bluetooth, but that's not fujitsu's fault, not really...

And also that little problem with screen rotate, though I wouldn't really count it as a real problem since it is so easily managed.

What I really love about the 4210 is the power (CD/C2D is pretty decent for a tablet! Better than the X41 which was offered alongside it...), silence (inaudible until I installed 2GB mushkins, after which you can hear tinny beeping sounds when in complete silence, not really irritating though), low temp (as stated, in battery mode it warms my laps nicely in an air-con room, though gets somewhat hot once on AC and normal speed) and battery life (6hr with WLAN off, plastic modular bay, half screen brightness, underclocking, primary battery only).

Of course, I can easily find another laptop that bests the 4210 in any of these categories, but for it's price (student plan) and functionality as a tablet it is unbeatable. It would be nice if the screen was just a little larger though, like 13.1", but that's just me fantasising.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.