These Windows 8 Tablet's don't support Windows 10!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tourniquet, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey there. At the time of wirting this, there are a couple of first generation Windows 8 Tablets that doesn't officially support the Windows 10 upgrade. This is because of the Intel Atom Z2760 GMA (SGX 545) driver. Interestingly if you tried to reserve Windows 10 a week ago, there wasn't a problem, but now the GWX says it's not supported.

These Windows 8 Tablets don't support Windows 10:
    Acer Iconia Tab W510 / W510P / W511
    Acer Iconia W3-810
    Asus VivoTab Smart ME400C / ME400CL
    Asus VivoTab TF810C
    Dell Latitude 10
    HP Elitepad 900
    HP Envy x2 11
    Lenovo IdeaTab Miix 10
    Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2
    Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx K3011 / K3011W
    Samsung ATIV Tab 3 XE300TZC
    Samsung ATIV Tab 5 / smartPC XE500T1C

We can only hope that Intel will provide new drivers, but they didn't when Windows 8 came out for they Atom Z500/Z600 so you never know.

There is also an
    Intel Graphics Chart
    where you can look up the driver support at the moment. No Windows 10.

You can actually install it via the Media Creation Tool but I wouldn't recommend it. There are graphic problems in the new Store and Edge. Also you can get a lot of bluescreens because of it.

2. Stavros

Stavros Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just upgraded my smartPC XE500T1C. The only problem I'm having is that half of the task bar is white! The icons are still there, I just can't see them.
    Also, my Viliv N5, which isn't technically a Tablet but has a touch screen, won't upgrade because of the wifi card which works just fine in Windows 7.
    Also, my Toshiba m200 can't be upgraded because the CPU doesn't support XD or something.

3. fkp123

fkp123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can confirm that the HP ElitePad 900 is working well with Windows 10. I was previously running Windows 8.1. I performed the upgrade using USB and a fresh install (deleting the old partition and starting again from scratch). Make sure you have it plugged into the desktop docking station with wired peripherals (keyboard, mouse) and access to USB ports with a copy of the latest HP Elitepad firmware drivers available on USB prior to the upgrade. You'll need all of them to get Bluetooth, LAN, WIFI and the Touchscreen working again. The only thing I haven't been able to test yet is the Pen. Overall I'm pretty jazzed about the upgraded OS in the tablet, my ElitePad feels almost new again.

4. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.