the x60 tablet?????

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by manikmaniacme, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manikmaniacme

manikmaniacme Pen Pal - Newbie

hey
    does anyone have any CONFIRMED information regarding the x60 tablet...because i need to buy a new tablet....and something like the x41t which is faster and has larger memory..an all those other features beyond me -would be perfect for me

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A refresh to the popular X41 Tablet PC is inevitable. Unfortunately we cannot comment further at this time.

3. nossy

nossy Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't expect an update to the x41t until after Low Voltage Core Duo arrives.

4. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

at least mid to late Fall of '06 will be the wait, there will be no release this summer.

5. bbirch04

bbirch04 Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a HUGE disappointment for me. I was hoping that the new X60 series Tablet would be available for the beginning of school (mid August).

Anyone have recommendations for a tablet that will survive with me for the four years of medical school?? I value a long battery life, portability, light weight, and relative speediness. I am the king of multitasking and looking for the convenience of convertible tablet. This will be used for the excessive amount of note taking required in the first two years and possibly clinic use during the 3rd through 4th years.

Brian

6. woutervegter

woutervegter Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you tell me how you know that?

And brian, just wait;)(like im doing)
    I searched all tablet pc's , but lenovo's newest tablet will be the smallest and the lightest 12.1 around(I expect this because this also aplies for the x41)

7. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

I met with a Lenovo representative last month to see the recent releases of the Lenovo V100 and ThinkPad R60 notebooks and asked about X60t release dates. They don't have one set, but don't have any plans for a release for a few months.

8. woutervegter

woutervegter Pen Pal - Newbie

oh, ok thx
    then ill just wait a bit longer

9. Lad

Lad Pen Pal - Newbie

10. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi Lad,

The model they have there is the X41t Tablet PC; the X60 does not have Tablet capabilities. If the X60 were a Tablet PC; it would have the model name of X60t. If you scroll down a bit, the only tablet pc models available are from the X41t line. If you go here the page talks about the X41t in all tablet-related topics. Perhaps it's just a comparison between a regular notebook and a tablet pc; thus the X60 has a 'Better' rating and the X41t, interestingly enough, has a 'Best' rating even though there are differences between chipsets, CPU and other hardware. But thanks for helping out! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.