the worst tablet out there

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gautam, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. putttn

putttn Pen Pal - Newbie

I've ordered one so I'll be able to tell you how it works for my application. I agree that it wouldn't be of much worth for something that already resides on the computer. My application is simply making notes and designing projects for some marketing applications at work. I find that I can easily think and write my thoughts down on paper, but the minute I start trying to type them out I lose all my thoughts. Maybe just old age has really set in. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on how this works.

2. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think you have to use sepcial paper for using the pen. you know, so the pen, when it transfers your movement onto the computer, can know what you wrote on and how you wrote

3. Daring

Daring Moderator

Not if all he wants to do is take notes and scribble ideas on blank paper which is what it sounds like he is doing.

4. putttn

putttn Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, you use special paper and the pen. You dock the pen and then it downloads to computer and can be manipulated with programs like One Note and some others are available. WriteSync hooks it up to Word, Outlook etc. Seems very similar to what the tablet pc does and for me it might just work. All I need is something that captures the handwritten notes I make and store them. Added benefit to me is, they're in the computer and can be manipulated. Have any of you had any trouble with your handwriting recognition?

5. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

that's why logitech sells the paper notebook for $10.

6. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

I owned the C3500 briefly, and have to say that the battery life was terrible (sometimes less than 20 mins).

I did not have any other problems with it. It was a really good unit and served the purpose of an introductory tablet unit. It was very light but fared well.

I think that since original poster said "tablet" not convertable, my answer would be that any tablet that isnt a convertable is NOT worth your time or money. The tablet technology is not sophisticated enough to stand alone, at this point, unless all you are doing is taking notes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.