The Windows 10 Store app is BAD

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 18, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I just love how the new store library section (which is where updates reside now) doesn't actually show which apps you've recently updated.

Or how all of my Rock Band 4 DLC for the Xbox shows up in "Apps" in my Library.

Or how there's apps that cannot install on my Pro X which are literally stuck in my download queue indefinitely (even if I hit cancel, they come back).

... But I'm glad they're working on making it look okay. :rolleyes:

Steve S, dstrauss, JoeS and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's certainly faster and there are some good ideas compared to the rather basic UX of the Windows 10 version.

But they are still very much ideas and bits of UI definitely glitchy, unfinished and unintuitive. Plus they seem to have chucked almost everything that you've bought from them in there, ever.*

*Except games from the Games for Windows Marketplace, the thieves. I still want my copy of Age of Empires III and all the DLC that I paid for, Microsoft! The buggers even removed the info from my Microsoft account, but I still have the email receipts.

4. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

, that sucks they should just repay you or give a Steam key for it, they have enough money anyway. Maybe you can email someone higher in their game's division? Stuff like that is one of the reasons I am forcing myself more to buy as much games from GOG so I can at least back them up on external storage and spread my eggs over 2 or more baskets.

Tams likes this.
  5. JoeS

Apparently the Win11 app store is coming to Win10 as well at some point. Yet another reason not to rush into updating to Win11.
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...es-come-to-the-microsoft-store-in-windows-11/

6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

So now with the new exciting apps "carrot" (reference to rabbit in profile image not intended ;) ) no longer dangling in front of us, why should we get Windows 11? Android app support is the only other "carrot" that most were mildly interested in and this feature is currently MIA and pushed back into 2022. I have yet to see a compelling argument from Redmond to upgrade to Windows 11.

Tams, JoeS, Steve S and 1 other person like this.
  7. JoeS

Yeah not a good sign when a tech nerd like me needs to think very hard what is interesting about Win11. The most exciting thing I can think of is that apparently we will be able to toggle network adapters in the modern settings app. :)

8. daddyfish

, I like the direction MS is going but I am going to give them a few more months to let them expand some things like the start menu and released android support

JoeS likes this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

There is one thing of interest to me - the ability to "redock" my computer and have all my apps and windows reset on my dual monitors just as I left them.

Eltos and JoeS like this.
  10. daddyfish

, iirc W11 also performs better on low-end devices (eg Surface Go 2 :D) so that should be something most people will benefit off. The new battery page seems also handy.

dstrauss and JoeS like this.