The Windows 10 Store app is BAD

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 18, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Rating: 5 stars! ("No one has rated or reviewed this product yet")

Durrr

upload_2020-2-11_23-41-23.png

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Well, I would guess that means no one wants to emulate Microsoft...:p

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've heard before that one of the fundamental differences between Apple's App Store and everyone else is that Apple employs actual human "curators" that actively adjust and align things like what appears on the front page and so forth based on numerous inputs including blogs and social media. MS OTOH pretty much relies on software and/or a developer buying a spot.

And the play store is pretty much a free for all.

I think it comes down to one fundamental thing that Jobs, love him or hate him ingrained in the very DNA of Apple which is user experience. It often was a singular one (Jobs) but I'd argue it's still superior to what software can do. I think it's not all that far off from what music or restaurant critics do. You find those that fit your tastes and ignore those that diverge for the most part.

So that's a long winded way off saying that it MS truly wanted to take the success of the Duo and Neo to another level, they should be looking at every aspect of the total experience and creating a customized and human curated App Store would be a good start. I see glimmers of that already in the tight guidelines given to developers already.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    JoeS likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That would be good. Of course I'm using this thread to show all the ways the store app is simply broken. I'm just amazed how long MS has allowed the app to remain this terrible. It's almost like they don't give a sh... o_O