The Windows 10 Store app is BAD

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 18, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Rating: 5 stars! ("No one has rated or reviewed this product yet")

Durrr

upload_2020-2-11_23-41-23.png

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Well, I would guess that means no one wants to emulate Microsoft...:p

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've heard before that one of the fundamental differences between Apple's App Store and everyone else is that Apple employs actual human "curators" that actively adjust and align things like what appears on the front page and so forth based on numerous inputs including blogs and social media. MS OTOH pretty much relies on software and/or a developer buying a spot.

And the play store is pretty much a free for all.

I think it comes down to one fundamental thing that Jobs, love him or hate him ingrained in the very DNA of Apple which is user experience. It often was a singular one (Jobs) but I'd argue it's still superior to what software can do. I think it's not all that far off from what music or restaurant critics do. You find those that fit your tastes and ignore those that diverge for the most part.

So that's a long winded way off saying that it MS truly wanted to take the success of the Duo and Neo to another level, they should be looking at every aspect of the total experience and creating a customized and human curated App Store would be a good start. I see glimmers of that already in the tight guidelines given to developers already.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    JoeS likes this.
  4. JoeS

That would be good. Of course I'm using this thread to show all the ways the store app is simply broken. I'm just amazed how long MS has allowed the app to remain this terrible. It's almost like they don't give a sh... o_O

5. JoeS

The Windows app store just decided to show tens of apps as having an update available:

upload_2020-6-25_10-9-32.png

After running through the entire list (while exiting the Store app once, come on guys!) it shows a single app as updated, and the rest sorted randomly rather than by date. Slick.. (barf emoji)
    upload_2020-6-25_10-10-26.png

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I guess you can go from BAD to WORSE...

7. JoeS

It's truly incredible. I'm hoping one day one of the Store app dev team members comes across this thread and fixes all the .. let's call them 'glitches'.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

In that case, you need Desertlap to post here so it gets carried to all four corners of the internet.

JoeS likes this.
  9. JoeS

That might help. Of course the fact that Windows Central of all places already published their own diatribe should be a hint..

Marty likes this.
  10. JoeS

In today's Win10 Store d'Oh! moment, Cortana is installed, I can hit Launch it/her, but I still get an option "add to cart", followed by the text "This contains an extension for". And then nothing. Just so vague, come on MS, is this really your best??

upload_2020-7-16_13-10-13.png