The unicorn is dead

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Kumabjorn, May 10, 2020.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm so pleased you have kept the Canvas going, I still miss mine but I just didn't have the spare desk-space to justify it anymore. Laying out an image or publication at full size or bigger is just so pleasing.
    Maybe when my last kid moves out, I'll get something that big again but I'll probably have to build the desk to go with it. I also see what you're saying with the N9P15 - it really seems all Samsung have done is shrink the bezels and changed colour - while adding .6 to the size - is that enough to lay out $1500 for?

Not in my book.

The bezel buttons are a bit small aren't they! If I draw in a dark room I find myself struggling to find the right button sometimes. For me - the zBook would be a machine for life if it was 15 - 16 inches, had a proper graphics card and had bigger - easier to find buttons that could be backlit when required.

thatcomicsguy and Lilawyn like this.
  2. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

They are small, I often find myself hitting the function button which rolled through the various key presets.
    I would like there to be indicator lights that update with their function, something like that of the Intuos 4 back in the day.
    It would both make it easier to see in the dark but also serve as a refresh as to their function rather than having to check with the other dedicated button.
    Couldn't quite find the muscle memory kicking in with it unfortunately, and I solely put that down to the accidental keypress that rolled through a different preset program.

The size of it was okay, but 15-16" would be better. Maybe a carbon fiber design then to reduce weight.
    The digitizer though is fantastic, but the single button is mildly annoying at times.

My first Surface-style tablet, I thought it was going to be the unicorn, but alas, the Surface-style tablets just aren't for me this time around. Back to see what convertibles are out there until my next perceived unicorn pops up. ;)

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wish you all the luck (and right price) in the world.

T-ravisty likes this.