The specs for x220t released!

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by AndreR, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richman

richman Scribbler - Standard Member

Lol manyak you did. I should have given you props. I'm still on the fence between the ep121 x220t and t901 considering all the pros and cons. And I use the word con really only as it applies to what I need and can afford. Any of these devices are very capable with t901 probably being the mac daddy when it's released.

2. Kaffeemann

Kaffeemann Pen Pal - Newbie

3. Taikero

Taikero Pen Pal - Newbie

4. hajensen

hajensen Pen Pal - Newbie

5. richman

richman Scribbler - Standard Member

There's another video on YouTube by the same guy. Aside from the comment about ipads which makes no sense, portrait mode looked just fine to me on the x220t.

6. Dan

Dan Hi Hosting

Thanks for the links.

Here's one with some details Jesse B Andersen: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet - Images and a few comments

The hinge only goes one way this time, slice battery available, less buttons and lights on the bezel.

To some extent, it's received a slight consumer user treatment. Chunky but reliable buttons replaced by slimmer (hopefully not less sturdy) ones.

7. LastQ

LastQ Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know when this is coming? I need to get a laptop in May, probably no later than early June so it would be great if this is out by then.

8. Taikero

Taikero Pen Pal - Newbie

Jesse has posted some information at View Tablets: Lenovo X220 Tablet Selling Already (Core i5 for about $1,500, i7 for about $2,500)

This is the same guy whose YouTube channel is linked above. He also owns JesseBAnderson.com and lenovox201.com

http://www.lenovo.com/us/products/p...ad-laptops/x-series-tablets/x220-tablet.shtml says "Coming Soon! Available summer 2011", though http://news.lenovo.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1427 says it will be available in April. :p

9. Dan

Dan Hi Hosting

According to the same blog, a Lenovo staff member mentioned 19th April as the release date for the US on Twitter.

10. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow...that's pretty soon then. I wish there are more reviews of it out though. I want to get the one with multi-touch. The only fear I have is the screen reflection. I have the HP TM2 right now, there are two things I hate about it:
    1. Viewing angles
    2. Super-duper reflection on the screen

I'll use it for work, the touch and pen is a must have feature for me now. Also, I got the i3 with my TM2. It's a bit slow for me.

I'll upgrade to the x220t if there are sufficient reviews that shows the screen reflection on the x220t w/multi-touch models is tolerable. I saw the two reviews (Trusted reviews and Jesse0, they both look OK.

One more thing, need a good coupon of course!