The Shortest SB2 Review Ever

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Beefers, May 3, 2019.

1. Beefers

Beefers Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys remember me? Probably not haha, anyways I was on the fence about the SB2 and I ended up buying it.

Short review: Amazing laptop, but for drawing...not so much

MPP/NTrig is kind of a nightmare honestly, I loved the laptop for everything else I used it for though, barely gamed on it, spent most my time with it detached

Anyways, I'm getting a Samsung Notebook Pro 9 soon gonna arrive in about a week hope it goes well. Thankfully I had full warranty on the SB2 so no money loss there.

And by no means is this a negative review, I still love the Surface line very much, and I heard the Surface Go is great (supposedly drove Microsoft's sales up like nuts) and pen is apparently less frustrating on it and that LTE is reallll tempting for a mobile user like me. The buyer's remorse from the SB2 definetely makes me regret not banking on that $899 costco deal for the Surface Pro 6 to save me loads of money and time...

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Cool! Thanks for checking in with some feedback about the SB2.

Good luck with the Samsung!

3. Beefers

Beefers Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you! I remember owning a really old Samsung Tablet and having a pretty good time with it, honestly I'm torn between the Galaxy Book and Notebook 9 Pro 8GB but I heard the Notebook 9 Pro 13" is light enough to just carry around without being cumbersome and the keyboard isn't so interfering, honestly just excited to try out the new Staedler Norris S Pen because it looks awesome!

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. WhenUtry

WhenUtry Pen Pal - Newbie

My friend owned an SB2 which she let me borrow a few times. It's good for most things, but also came to the conclusion that it's not so much when it comes to drawing. Line wobbles, lagging Photoshop. Shame it seemed like a dream device tbh.

Beefers likes this.
  5. Beefers

Beefers Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah the Surface Book was great for 3D work and video stuff but I really needed a good drawing machine.. Didn't have too much lucj with the Samsung either I ended up caving and getting an ipadpro for drawing haha

I am currently saving up for a Dell XPS going to stick with external drawing tablets for now the ipad has been very good to me otherwise 10/10 highly recommend

6. WhenUtry

WhenUtry Pen Pal - Newbie

No experience with Dell but hope it suits your needs :)

7. ORTOX

ORTOX Scribbler - Standard Member

Which XPS are you considering? I've purchased MANY of the years for my employer. Just curious.