The Perils of Publishing

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

This isn't particularly noteworthy except for the fact that it illustrates the unfortunate risks of grabbing just any old graphic to pair with your headline:

A5.JPG
    The Icon A5 looked like a really sweet and exciting new design when it was first introduced, but in the course of early production (I think...) it has been involved in at least two serious accidents. One was likely pilot error (The A5 was not supposed to require the same level of pilot training as a "typical" light aircraft). However, the second accident seemed to be much more serious because it suggested structural failure. I don't know how the accident investigation turned out on that one, but it didn't look good.

To the larger general public, none of this would matter, of course, but for a few of us, this choice tends to raise an eyebrow...

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

A different note on that picture, that's the south-east bay near San Francisco, and yes, it really looks like that! :)

upload_2019-10-8_12-10-21.png

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Good call. It's the plane that is famous for killing beloved ex-Philadelphia Philly, Roy Halladay and its own designer, Jon Karkow. They blame amphetamines in Halladay's crash (??? he was too alert ???) and pilot error in Karkow's. Doesn't sound like such a revolution in aircraft design to me. It's simplified controls have been oversold IMHO. And, yes, to some, that photo does not mean what Microsoft wanted it to mean.