The perfect Wacom replacement stylus

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by CMMD-Z, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if this was mentioned before. If so, my apologies. Go ahead and stop reading. After searching around I finally got my Wacom stylus from amazon.

This is almost the exact same one as the stylus that it comes with except it has the side button. As an artist and someone who's used to surfing with a stylus, it's a function that I've gotten used to using. After about a week without it I went ahead and ordered the Wacom UP710E pen.

Amazon.com: Penabled Tablet Pc Eraser Pen: Electronics

As mentioned before it's pretty much the exact same pen/stylus as the one that comes with the slate and even fits in the silo without a hitch. Pops right out when you open the lid.

You of course will have to DL the drivers from the Wacom site. Just make sure when you select model you scroll all the way down to where it says Tablet PC.

Anyway, Hope some of you find this info useful. :)

2. kneebuster

kneebuster Long time tablet PC user

I'm not sure you need to download the driver from Wacom. The button on my ThinkPad stylus (and another one I've tried) works fine with the Asus supplied driver.

3. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

How's the eraser on it? Do you need to push it in half-way before it even registers?

4. kneebuster

Nope. It does need to be depressed, but just a wee bit, not 1/2 way.

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Looks so much like the Axiotron pen. picked up a set of tree for $14+ on ebay.

6. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

It's pretty intuitive. You can adjust this using the Wacom driver. I'm sure you can use the installed drivers. But using the official wacom one for my stylus seems to work better. At least in my case.

7. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

It wouldn't surprise me if they are one and the same since they're the company that supplies Axiotron with their stylus'. Also just to let you all know. Make sure if you want to get full functionality from your future replacement stylus that it has both an eraser and side button. I almost ordered the one with the clip only to find out it didn't have an eraser at the end.

8. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the axiotron pen with the wacom drivers, works great! The original drivers actually do work, the side button acts as a right click, but it's not instant like with the wacom drivers you push it, hold, then tap to activate. I prefer the wacom method, of just push and it works.

9. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

Better than the stock stylus though, right?

10. kneebuster

My stock stylus just barely needs to be depressed to activate the eraser in OneNote. Unfortunately my backlight is acting up really bad tonight so I can't test other programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.