The New Surface Pro Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've installed it but I haven't figured out how to enable tilt. It's probably limited to a few brushes, but I'll let you know when I do.

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Isn't enough clicking next to the size parameter of a brush and set the size to tilt?

3. Cbb777

Cbb777 Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with this. I highly doubt there will be any new nSP other than the LTE version. This was promised at launch and it's still not available and we are already at the end of Q3. Can't see them announcing a refreshed nSP without even having the LTE available as of yet. I bet we won't see the new CPUs till next summer at best.

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

5. Steve S

<<...I highly doubt there will be any new nSP other than the LTE version...>>

...I would also expect to see the USB-C dongle. It was also promised for "later in the year"...

6. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, so after going through 9 Surface Pros in two weeks I can't do anything but recommend people stay away from this subpar product. As long as Microsoft allows this level of quality to pass through their gates, they are not worthy of our money.

HP's no better, I got two faulty HP Spectres as well after trying that one on for size after the SP debacle. Dead pixel on the one, loose trackpad on the other.

I should have known better, after having spent 5 nearly flawless years on a Macbook Pro that still runs as good as day one, despite updates to the OS.

I bought the new Macbook Pro and I absolutely adore it. Not to mention: flawless build quality!

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I would agree with you EXCEPT the MacBook Pro (and MacBook for that matter) have the worst keyboard since the IBM PCjr chiclet keyboard. It is totally flat, extremely shallow, and after typing for five minutes my fingers go numb...it is only marginally better than typing on glass...

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  8. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

I keep hearing that. I absolutely adore the light touch of the new keyboards. To each his own, I suppose.

dstrauss likes this.
  9. Bergman

Bergman Pen Pal - Newbie

I have returned three Surface Pros and I am mad as hell that the screen issues are there. That said you can't come on here and say you left the Surface Pro for a MacBook pro and love it.....and expect people to take you seriously. If you "adore" a MacBook pro you never wanted a Surface in the first place. That is a traditional laptop and has no touch screen, no pen support, is not tablet capable. As upset as I am at Microsoft for their issues I am getting sick and tired of people coming on here and trying to compare this to a MacBook. They are not anywhere near close to the same devices.

Now I have three Surface Books and they will blow the doors off a MacBook and they are solid as a rock. If you want a laptop and cant deal with the Surface Pro issues buy a Surface Book. That has a fantastic screen, tablet capabilities, full Windows support, pen access, and great battery life. If you want a MacBook you are in the wrong forum and are not a Surface customer.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  10. Steve S

<<...If you "adore" a MacBook pro you never wanted a Surface in the first place...>>

...He said what I was thinking...

Omazic.iv likes this.