The New 'Stylistic Q550'

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by dceggert, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

Dan,
    Good calculation, and it's a bigger difference than I would have thought. BTW, I'm the MM asking the Fujitsu blog questions.

2. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I just ordered one of these (the high-end one).

That low end one has a pretty small battery which might be unpleasant.
    But anyway, it looks like they are taking a shot at the iPad as they are using a high end screen (At least they are listing it as such, but these days who knows with them).

I'm not all that happy with them in the last couple years they i've seen some quality concerns.

It seems that ever since the iPad came on the scene, these TabletPC business machines have been getting weird (The ipad is a "Monkey in the wrench" (as McClain would say :D ) )

But who knows, maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised......(rolling eyes emoticon)

3. Rigel

Rigel Scribbler - Standard Member

I found a video of someone writing on the HTC flyer, Honestly there was some pen noise, but nothing like my imagination lead me to belive based on the reviews of the n-trig system digital pencil.

Is the HTC flyer pen that superior?

I know they are not in the same class or even same price bracket but based on spec's how would you compare the q550 to the just announced Tablet Kiosk Sahara i500?

Additionally, What is with the 500 (550) naming conventions and slates? (Acer A500, W500, Hp Slate 500, Fujitsu q550 (i like the 550 making it seem superior to the lowly 500's), Tablet kiosk i500?

Rigel

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Rigel,
    It has been reported that the Flyer pencil makes slightly less noise than either of the Fujitsu or HP N-trig pencils. Someday when we see the Flyer pen for $29 on sale I will pick one up as a spare.

The i500 is a real honest to goodness portable slate computer. It has better specs than the EP121! The screen size is 12.1 widescreen and it is both larger and heavier than the Fujitsu Q550. The i500 has an i7, the EP121 an i5, and the Q550 a single core Atom.

I am not really sure what the desire for the '500' series nomenclature may be signifying. Maybe the designers feel an attachment to the old Shelby GT 500? :rolleyes:

5. rmg22893

rmg22893 Pen Pal - Newbie

When he pulled out the hammer, I at first thought he was going to whack the tablet a couple of times to demonstrate durability :D

6. rfb

rfb Pen Pal - Newbie

FWIW The 16:10 ratio screen supports 1280x800 pixels. The 16:9 screen supports 1336x768 pixels. Microsoft may require 1336x768 for Windows 8 tablets.

7. applejax

applejax Pen Pal - Newbie

The word so far is that 1024x768 is required (I'm pretty sure that's what I heard), with 1366x768 "recommended" (and I'm almost definitely sure that's what I heard).

8. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

At this point in time, I would take a 16:10, 16:11, or 16:12 (4:3) screen over anything promissed for 1 year from now for a recommended screen configuration of a Win 8 device with a 16:9 screen.

For those of us that use portrait mode for reviewing and marking up documents, as well as note taking, the 16:9 screen size is least desireable with ANY OS..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.