The New Slate Keypad/Folio: the good, the bad and the ugly!

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by Bronsky, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The keyboard saved my a** this weekend when my display broke and the Slate lost all thouch functions while I was away on a trip. With the keyboard, I was able to complete the work I was doing, do a complete back up of the slate and get the device ready for shipping back to the manufacturer for warranty service (thankfuilly covered by accidential coverage).

2. daytripper

daytripper Road Warrior

I ordered mine the first day it became available on HP's SMB website and received on December 6th. Since Bronsky had such a great review, I didn't have much to add. Unfortunately, it's not a surprise about your delivery issues. I was shocked I actually received mine when promised given the problems with delivering the HP Slate 500 on time.

3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I think he ordered from the UK. He should cancel the current order and place a new one from a different store.

4. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I ordered it from INSIGHT UK which is an official HP partner, but apparently they do not have a clue of what is going on.

It is very sad, most partners are offering the SLATE 2, but they are completely clueless about the accessories, the BT folio in particular.

I really do not get it, once a new product (and accessories) is presented to the public, all sales representatives should know it inside - out, otherwise how do you expect to sell the thing????... bah.

Is there anyone in the forum who is ordering (waiting for delivery) one at the present?

5. Rick

Rick Sr. Manager, Innovation and Experience

Sent you a PM to obtain information about your order.

Rick

6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey Rick, I had the same issue to obtain the power dongle from a french reseller or HP site. No one knows it.

7. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

Just posting an update on the "missing" Folio Bluetooth keyboard for the Slate 2....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This morning , after 3 (THREE) months , INSIGHT UK told me the item is discontinued and cannot be delivered.:eek:

Yesterday, I spoke to the HP sales representatives in the US and they tell me the A1C64AA#ABA (US version) is a "live" product but the HP partners in the UK tell me that the A1C64AA#ABU (UK version) is discontinued. :confused:

I spoke to HP UK direct and they did not confirm or deny the A1C64AA#ABU is discontinued, they just said that, since the Slate 2 has been on the market for 3-4 months only, it has not been set yet a date on when the dedicated Case W/Keyboard will be available in the UK. :eek:

Needless to say I am annoyed, week after week I have been getting a delivery date which was being posponed over and over for the past 3 months.
    :(
    The HP UK partners are all indicating the A1C64AA#ABU as "NO LONGER AVAILABLE", funny thing is that according to HP UK it has NEVER been available to start with.

So, if you are in the UK, just forget the HP folio bluetooth keyboard and look for a suitable alternative... apparently the Xoom (was it ever sold?!?) or the galaxy 8.9" have leather cases with BT keyboard for 1/3 of the price or , in alternative, get the Kensington Folio (they gave a universal version, bigger that the HP one, but very well made. for the same price):cool:

8. jl_06

jl_06 Pen Pal - Newbie

anybody know where this is in stock, i ordered one from hp.com and after 3 weeks of delays i canceled. They told me they would have it available until July. I really want one of these

9. Flaco05

Flaco05 Pen Pal - Newbie

Google is your best friend:

HP Slate Bluetooth Keyboard and Case Keyboard - wireless

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member