The New Slate Keypad/Folio: the good, the bad and the ugly!

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by Bronsky, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...You can then wrap the existing band around both...>>

Boomer: Thanks. Your second thumbnail reminds me of that classic question:

"...Does this make me look fat...?"

2. sjaywu

sjaywu Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm just expecting to get the Slate 3 or some other 8.9 in. tablet, and slide it in to this folio once the flood of Windows 8 slates come around.

I'm being told that they might (with a heap of salt) get a few in on Thursday, and I might (with more salt) be on the list for one.

3. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

I am a little annoyed, I ordered the folio on the first week of December and the UK HP reseller (Insight) keeps pushing the delivery, from the 5th to the 13th, now to the 26th.

I guess they have not manufactured them yet ? I dont understand why they put on sale Items they do not have, is it so difficult to indicate on the websites that is on a "pre-order" 12 weeks leadtime? At least one knows what to do and stopc wondering if will get the bloody thing in time for a certain trip/date.

Another thing, online on several websites is indicated as "no longer manufactured", is this the case??? can someone in the US (Rick maybe) confirm is the HP Slate folio part# A1C64AA#ABA is still in production?

bah!!:mad: :mad:

4. sjaywu

sjaywu Pen Pal - Newbie

I can confirm the opposite. I just got it in today! Looks fantastic, if thick, but everyone knew that.

5. gurkhali1

gurkhali1 Pen Pal - Newbie

In ebay they have case with stand for $25, just do a search on hp slate 500

6. angelix

angelix Pen Pal - Newbie

I am after the "folio" case with the fitted BT keyboard...:cool:

never mind, I will wait and hope it does not take 6 months...

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Quick productivity story ...

Was home the other night and I got a call at 11:00 p.m. on my cell from a client with an emergency. I grabbed my slate and took notes from the frantic phone call from my client with the pen, used the slate to do the basic research on Westlaw, grabbed the keyboard folio and had a Complaint with TRO ready before I went to bed. Wrote a letter to my adversary and emailed it to him along with the verified complaint and Order to Show Cause, telling him I would be in the federal court at 9:00 a.m. seeking a Temporary Restraining Order. I followed up with a phone call at 8:30 a.m. and by 9:00 a.m. we had a resolution that my client was quite pleased with.

Love having my slate at hand, fully synced with my desktop notebook, ready for anything that comes my way. The folio keyboard really helps when productivity is needed. Now I'm just trying to figure out why I pay all that rent for an office and staff.:(

8. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'll bet that cost him/her/they extra!

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Count on it.:D

10. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bronsky,how is it synced with ur laptop?...which specific programs?What did u use for note taking n writing letter? Did u use the TIP or free hand writing?.... I love the slates productivity !! Amazing stuff that a few 1% take advantage of! Unfortunately I'm writing on my iPhone while having dinner with young son!