The new Microsoft Office 2013 is now optimize for touch

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by justin1230, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin1230

justin1230 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just installed a few minutes ago, OneNote is now perfect on the EP121, and the others application also looks good with touch. Try it now.

2. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

Will it run under windows 7?

3. tannerwooden

tannerwooden Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes. Cnet's review says it will run under Windows 7 or 8.

4. nitros

nitros Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the inking smooth? When I use, there are occasional flickers (blocks of text displaces for a second or two) and also inking is slightly lags compared to 2010 which has instant paper like feel.

5. justin1230

justin1230 Pen Pal - Newbie

for me, its pretty smooth, maybe you can change the settings inside OneNote, there is an option for you to decide, a better performance or lower battery consumption.

6. visualj

visualj R1F Pen Pal - Newbie

I was using it Friday in a meeting and that was very disturbing. I would finish the last word of a sentence, and a second later the last half of the last letter would disappear. It seemed like it would happen sporatically and then fix itself.

Erasing was a bit iffy, too.

7. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

There's a problem using the Office Upload Center if you have the Skydrive app. At least if you do work offline then at a later time try to update Skydrive. It gets messy.

Too bad you can't bypass the Upload Center and just use the Skydrive app - it's way faster.

8. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, Outlook 2013 doesn't load anything less than a month old from my hotmail account. I have tried installing the suite twice and it still doesn't work. Anyone got any ideas. The rest seem fairly stable. Some nice touches in Word and Excel. I would say though that claiming it is touch optimised is a little over the top. Yes you get a touch button which increases the space around icons on the ribbon but it kind of looks incomplete. I find it very little less easy to work with Office 2010 under Windows 7 myself.

Will keep persevering, so if anyone knows how to get outlook to work that would be very helpful. But I will keep Office 2010 installed for the time being.

Alun
    EP121 - 4gb - 128gb bulletproof - Windows 7

9. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Word

(I figure since Office includes a range of products and not everyone is interested in all of them, headings might make scanning easier :p )

I was really excited to read that I'd be able to annotate Word docs with my stylus, just like you can with PDF annotating software. In theory, the setup is perfect, exactly what I wanted: you select some text, click an option and start inking your comment. But man, in practice there is A LOT to be desired. Inking inside the small pop-up box is just terrible; words disappear, parts of letters vanish, there's a delay and the EP121 stylus' eraser doesn't work. I dunno if that's stuff that might get fixed for the final release, but if not, I'd call that feature a big flop in terms of realistic, everyday use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.