The mysterious case of the one-hit Google search

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by JoeS, Sep 12, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

So I'm definitely losing it. But apparently I'm also living in an episode of Person of Interest, where "the machine" is sending me mystery clues. Here's the deal:

I cleared all history and cookies in my Edge on Chromium browser. I go to one of my favorite sites, and use Google Auth to log in. Fine. The prefilled username info states "insnatica". Ehhhh? Turns out there's a saved username in Edge, with my Gmail password saved alongside it. Okayyy? Maybe I once had an aneurism and typed that name instead?

Mystified, I do a google search for the exact phrase "insnatica", returning...

..ONE search result. Out of billions of pages. Even better, it is... wait for it: a scan of a page from a newspaper. To be exact, the New Orleans Bee, from .... March 1874! I kid you not. A 145 year old newspaper.

I spent some time searching for the word insnatica on the page, presumably close to the word LIVERPOOL. :confused:

I mean, definitely weird, right?? :D

Theories?

Funny you ask, no, I did not "drop acid", and I'm not on OR off medication, this is all real.

Marty likes this.